CFM Airbox nightmare!

LoneWolfNY

Dec 30, 2008
Long Island NY
The pipe part that bolts on to the carb is to short, doesn't reach. For the love of god tell me I didnt need to cut a part off of the old airbox tube that went into the carb. I threw it out already. Also the hole seems to big on the air box side to where the carb is suppose to go into. Can someone please throw up some close up shoots of it bolted on to the carb.

i'll just take the box off your hands if you can't figgure it out. Say 50.00 bucks shipped! j/k

seriously, i think your problem might be it is to far back. there isn't anyold parts from the old airbox you need. also when you bought it you were sopposed to tell him what carb you had if you did then i it should be right. if not all it is is radiator hose cut and pieced back togther on the inside of intake to fit a stock carb.

yeah if it is set up for a stock carb there is a smaller boot inside the bigger one. if you have a big carb then your sopposed to take that smaller boot out. It might be either stuck inside the tube somwhere or in the box it came in. If you never got it and were sopossed to then email him and get one.

Thanks for fast replys, lab top in garage with me. Very mad right now. It came with a blue rubber hose and it has the extra piece inside the bigger hose. There is no way I can get it to reach the carb with the supplied boot.

The box mounts to the frame on the right side by that small stub being wedge inbetween the frame and the left side by running a screw threw one of the hole used for the oil tank when it was mounted right?

you have to attach the air box to the carb like it should be...then redrill the left side mount hole on the box where it bolts to the frame(oil box mount) so it bolts up and reaches your carb, i had to drill mine to make it work to.mark the new hole with a marker, take the box and drill it then mount it up..no biggie..on the right side i rapped that round piece of stock that came with it(that wedges to the frame) with electricle tape to make it fit snug so it dont rattle around...since i took these pics a month ago i have mounted it a little different on the right side..i did away with the round piece with tape and i used these brackets to mount it..two of em worked good
http://shop1.mailordercentral.com/marshfasteners/products.asp?dept=128
P1040018.jpg

P1040017.jpg

P1040015.jpg

P1040020.jpg

good luck !!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Paulie B
Thanks for the pictures! These boxes are junk if this is what you have to do. I find it hard to believe he lets this leave his place with holes drilled in the wrong area.

Also I have that blue tube. One side is one hose that fits on the airbox tube fine, the other side has one piece thats cut and wrap around the inside. But theres still a huge gap!
Was I suppose to have more hose wraped around in there?

I cant believe the workmanship of this thing, if im not doing anything wrong installing it.

Last edited:
lol...they are nice air boxes..lol...there just made universal for all types of carbs that we may be using.. for instence..if you had a 34 mm carb then the mounting location might not be exactly the same as it would be with a stock 26mm carb, anytime you get into installing after market parts then you need to expect to have to do some modifications or fab work,,..its just the way it is

Last edited:
lol...they are nice air boxes..lol...there just made universal for all types of carbs that we may be using.. for instence..if you had a 34 mm carb then the mounting location might not be exactly the same as it would be with a stock 26mm carb...further more, anytime you get into installing after market parts then you need to expect to have to do some modifications or fab work,,..its just the way it is.... if ya dont enjoy doing fab work, then stick with OEM stock parts...

Well then they should have not drilled anyholes and tell you to drill them your self. They should have also throw in extra rediator hose so you could mount it up your self. Instead of having evtra holes and having to run down to the auto store.

Anyways thanks for your help and pictures, atleast I know I'm not cross eyed are installing it wrong.

what do ya mean radiator hose ???? you should have gotten a carb boot for the size carb you have...did you?
im not understanding where a radiator hose comes into play here !

mine pretty much did as well..i just didnt care 100% for the right side mount so i bought clamps for it, to clamp it to the frame.it was also an inch or so off on the left side mount(oil tank side) but overall i like the airbox

lonewolf.. i have a stock air box and rear fenders but the fenders are cut.. if you want it.. if it will help you.

Not to rub salt in your wounds but mine bolted right up to my 400.
They are good boxes and the looks can't be cooler.
Good luck to you bro

The box mounts up with no problems.If you are running a stock carb then you need the correct adapter.The blue hose on the end of the pipe is for 32-34mm carb.I run this box and like it alot.I had to make my own mounts cause I have a gussett kit and it wasn't muchto do.If you have not got it working let me know.I bought a stock boot along with the 32-34mm boot just to have.I can shoot a pic for you.

Reactions: Paulie B
i guess thats why i like the project blaster box lol, i just need to get he hose for mine so i can run my 36mm carb lolz.

ok i dont know about all this drilling new holes. mine went in just fine. what size carb are you running, and did you tell them when you ordered it. They send me a nice Ginuwine Yamaha adaptor boot and it worked great. try hooking up to your carb first, and then mount it to the frame.

i wouldnt drill new holes at all. also if there is such a problem send it back and ask for another one. maybe call them for support. im sure they will help. its a pretty large company.