cb 650 swap

timboy99401

Jan 13, 2010
nj
it may take me a bit but ill keep it going as fast as possible but im swapping a honda cb 650 into my spare roller. good news is its air cooled so i dont have to worry about working a radiator into that small ass frame but for now ill add the picks of the doner bike and the rolling chassis

blast3.jpg

blast7.jpg

blast4-1.jpg

I:I

the only problem that im goin to have is getting it running to start because the bike has been sitting for about 4 years but after that i will begin the disassembly and construction of the modified frame on the positive side i have no work friday so i have a 3 day weekend to break ground

had to work late tonight so i didnt get much done but the carbs are out to get cleaned but i have to go tomorrow and get the cleaner any way but heres some updated picks

carb.jpg

carb2.jpg

bike1.jpg

bike2.jpg

hey bro just saw that you are from the dirty jersey too. Where abouts I am in middlesex county sayrevill to be exact. Blasterfreek30 is from North jersey.

i live in south nj like 15 mins from philly voorhees cherry hill area small town called gibbsboro, i know where sayerville is though becasue i use to go up there for bmx, any way again thanks to everyone for support and ill try to make posts every night with picks and updates

making some good progress today, but had to do some brakes from hell today that slowed up my time... got the carbs pretty much all apart today but ran into a snag with the one pin valve for the float on the one carb. 3 of them came out nice but the forth is stuck in place. i also did some measuring and im pretty confident when i do the frame mods its goin to be pretty minimal and go pretty smooth (cross fingers) i found out that the stock bike swingarm and the blaster swing arm are only about a 1/2 inch off so when i make my extended swingarm it wont be much modifying there, im getting back at it and ill post picks tonight

ok so now the pictures....

well here they sit next to eachother with the blaster stripped
b10.jpg

and here goes the blaster swingarm mocked up on the motorcycle, the way im cutting the frame ill be able to use the bike swingarm mount for the blasters swingarm
b.jpg

heres some of the dirt before cleaning some of them had a brown sludge
b3.jpg

i took this so you can see the weld that runs behind the rear motor mounts and swingarm bolts, i plan on cutting that and welding it infront of the blasters frame that runs down
b9.jpg

b9-1.jpg

heres where i will cut the blaster frame
b6-2.jpg

here they are next to eachother
b2.jpg

and now for the bad
heres the floates, notice the one on the left is stuck up
b4.jpg

after soaking for a while with carb cleaner and pb blast i tried to remove the stuck pin valve and it freed up and the broke off inside the carb leaving me with this bad left good right
b5.jpg

i took one out on my stock blaster carb, its the ame arround but the top is a little different, it works how it is but i may dremmel it to be the same as the other one (blasters stock is far right)
b6.jpg

thats all for now maybe ill start cutting tomorrow

well if this was 6 months ago id say id use it to f*ck with the local cops, but now im gonna be having a baby soon so i cant afford to get in trouble, trail and quarry riding mostly , but i will still street ride it a little, again thanks to all for support its major motivation, ive never done a build thread before so im very excited

What are you going to do about the front motor mounts?
Looks like you are going to have to cut the Blasters front motor mount tubes and add a single down type tube.