Can't get left front wheel nuts loose?

Drifz1

May 24, 2010
mayo,ireland
hey, i was gonna do the wheel flip for better handling but i cant get the 4 nuts on the left wheel loose the ones on the right came loose fine but the ones on the left just wont budge i tried tapping them with a hammer etc nothing ! there so tight they were about to ring when i was trying to loosen them! so ?? :(

PB blaster is your friend... and are you sure you are using the exact size socket? also if its a 12 point try switching to a 6 point socket nearly impossible to strip a correctly sized 6 point

also, what tool you using to loosen it?
try using a long handle driver/breaker bar.
the best way to get most torsional force onto the nut, have the handle of the bar cross the wheel to the other nut on the other side as shown below
1999_Yamaha_Blaster_200_303120_op_778x583.jpg

also that is for the right side, make sure you are not tighten it on the left side.

big long breaker bar got mine off. and if you do strip them use vice grips. or in my case my one wheel lug ended up being a 7/16, extension, and a BFH lol

always use a six point and a little heat could help just be very careful around the tires wouldnt want them to explode or anything

Okay phragle ur kinda pissing me off with the maintenence thing not everyone is jesus on a blaster like you. If you don't mind me asking how does maintenence have anything to do with a frozen wheel lug? I put some anti seize on mine cause they were really hard to get off but i can't think of anything else you could do???

Reactions: Drifz1
to pull the front hubs to check the brakes, throw some grease in there and in the rear, to grease the splines on the sprocket and brake hubs along with the the wheel hubs. not to mention checking the wheel bearings and axle bearings once a season or so.... all reasons for the wheels to come off a couple times a year.