Budget Blaster of the month Contest

super noober

Can't Stop, Won't Stop!
Feb 17, 2009
upstate ny
has there ever been a contest like that? this months blaster of the month was pretty lame, the 3 that entered were AWESOME rides but only 3 entries? its like they are soooo nice that nobody can compete and noone enters. i think if there was a contest for blasters for people with less than say $3000 or something into it a TON more people would enter. you should get extra credit for homemade custom work and the less you spent the better. the winner could get a cool sig banner or something along those lines so no money would need to be involved. just a thought :D

Last edited:
I would qualify for the under $3,000 into my blaster. Want to run against me? It shouldnt matter how much money is in your quad. It can look good with $20 or $2,000 in it. 4cfed has proven this as I'm sure others have as well.

I would qualify for the under $3,000 into my blaster. Want to run against me? It shouldnt matter how much money is in your quad. It can look good with $20 or $2,000 in it. 4cfed has proven this as I'm sure others have as well.

why dont you do the blaster of the month contest then? mabey it should be less than $1500 then. my point is, that a BOTM contest with three entries is pretty lame, why bother even doing it? NOBODY here can say that a average semi stock blaster that looks nice with a few mods stands a chance against something thats been pimped from bumper to grab bar. ive got less than $500 into my baby, she looks pretty nice and everything is new (bearings, bushings whatnot) but it looks like sh*t compared to 89customs,mr305.tjsdaname and so on. just thinkin somethin for the average guy would be fun. I:I I:I

im liking this idea, i agree that no one is gonna enter when u have extremly mooded rides and ur blasty has just the basics, i also think previous winners should have to wait a year before entering the botm again, just to give other members a fighting chance of winning, great idea tho i like the budget botm contest

why dont you do the blaster of the month contest then? mabey it should be less than $1500 then. my point is, that a BOTM contest with three entries is pretty lame, why bother even doing it? NOBODY here can say that a average semi stock blaster that looks nice with a few mods stands a chance against something thats been pimped from bumper to grab bar. ive got less than $500 into my baby, she looks pretty nice and everything is new (bearings, bushings whatnot) but it looks like sh*t compared to 89customs,mr305.tjsdaname and so on. just thinkin somethin for the average guy would be fun. I:I I:I

Because I feel mine doesnt qualify as its not really a blaster anymore. Nothing really blaster about it other then the plastics

im liking this idea, i agree that no one is gonna enter when u have extremly mooded rides and ur blasty has just the basics, i also think previous winners should have to wait a year before entering the botm again, just to give other members a fighting chance of winning, great idea tho i like the budget botm contest

thanks man, it wouldnt even need to be anything real official. just a pic of your ride and a list of what you did to it and what the final cost is.. no form a mile long to fill out or anything. i think its worth a shot at least, if alot of people enter (which i would think there would be) we keep doing it, if its a bust then screw it I:I mabey set the dollar limit around $1000-$1500? my original idea of $3000 seems too high

I got mine for free.... basically. I traded a Bose Surround sound that a roommate left.

So far I have a $150 or so into it with Sprockets, Chain, and all brake cables.

Sounds cool to me...I qualify. Ive got less than $400 in mine counting the cost of the Blasty.....

i think we should just improve our BOTM system instead of getting another one..
like freek said a previous BOTM winner shouldnt be aloud to enter again for a year or six months...
BUT on top of that the winner should get a banner under there thing that says forum supporter or mod or whatever and, that banner would stay there for a year or six months. When the banner is gone then they could enter BOTM again and hopefully by that time the competition has heated up so it would be a more even playing field or that would cause the previous BOTM winner to up his/her game....

for example you could put this right under my supporting member banner and it would say "5/29/09 BOTM WINNER!"

yea i agree, it seems like stroker is in every poll.
no offence or anything, but we do need another setup.
also and if were going by the value. does that include the price of the quad?

yea i agree, it seems like stroker is in every poll.
no offence or anything, but we do need another setup.
also and if were going by the value. does that include the price of the quad?

if stroker was exempt for a year then you wouldnt have to worry about competing with him for a year haha