The Official Ken Oconnor Racing Trivia Contest

Awk08

Administrator
Staff member
Technician
Jan 30, 2009
POSTED FOR KEN OCONNOR RACING:

The first person to answer all of the questions correctly wins. It’s as simple as that. But it’s not that simple.
These questions won’t be easy as I know how smart you guys are and I want to see you suffer. LOL. Best advice I can give you is to study!

The Prizes:
Your choice of 1

1. A KOR ported cylinder, KOR redesigned head, KOR bore job, Brand new piston (you choose), OEM top end gasket set, and a top end bearing. The winner needs to ship their cylinder and head to my shop. I’ll pay up to $25 to ship it to me.

2. A full wrap of custom KOR graphics from TEK GRAFIX. Tyler’s work can be seen on all of my Blasters and race bikes. You can also see his work at tekmx.com. Your imagination is the limit. He can do graphics for anything so make and model doesn’t matter. A full wrap lists for $210.

3. $125 of KOR bucks that you can spend any way you like in my shop or on kenoconnorracing.com
Keep in mind that I sell parts for all makes and models and work on everything from Blasters to Harley Davidson’s.

I will also pay up to $25 to return your prize.

where to find the answers:

http://www.blasterforum.com/members/...r-racing-8014/

http://www.blasterforum.com/search.php?searchid=1438288

koconnor07's channel - YouTube

Ken OConnor Racing - YouTube

http://kenoconnorracing.com/

don't be afraid to search using "keywords" from each question

The Rules:

1. Number your answers 1 – 20. I will not accept entries that are not numbered.

2. YOU MUST BE A SUPPORTING MEMBER OF THE BLASTER FORUM.
you can subscribe here:
http://www.blasterforum.com/awcoding...payment&sid=ss
a measly $10 to support this great place and a chance to win big !!!!

3. Post you answers in the thread so everyone can see them. DON’T PM YOUR ANSWERS TO ME.

4. You can only enter once per 24 hours until someone wins.
if you post today at 12:24. you cannot post again until 12:24 tomorrow, or your post will not count.
so double check your answers before posting, no editing allowed !
if a post is edited, is is ineligable to win.
this will eliminate copying/changing answers from others posts, and give everyone a fair chance to win.
once you post your answers, thats your entry for 24 hours.
again.....edited posts will be disqualified.

5. You must be a subscribing member in good standing.
Members with active warnings or infractions may not enter. That’s what you get for starting trouble.

6. If you win the porting package, I must receive your parts within 30 days of the contest end, or you will forfeit your prize.

your post should look like this, with the correct, corresponding answer following each #............

AND NOW FOR THE 20 QUESTIONS..................HAVE FUN!! I:I

1. In the video “+6 Blaster Build”, what two tools do I use to find true top dead center?

2. In the video titled “Blaster Engine Assembly Part 1”, what temperature do I get the cases to in order to drop the crankshaft bearings in?

3. In the video titled “06 YZ250 Build”, what brand of silencer packing was used?

4. In the CR500 crankshaft video, explain why we didn’t press the crankshaft apart.

5. In the video titled “78 YX250 Build”, how was the minimum ring end gap calculated? I’m looking for the math here.

6. In the video titled “Blaster Engine Assembly Part 3”, what was the mechanics name that took me under his wing when I was 15 and what engine assembly tool did he give me?

7. In the video titled “Banshee Head”, what machine was used to re-surface the head?

8. Who at KOR builds the T-Rock swingarms, case savers and hydro conversion spindles?

9. In the 400EX bushing installation video, how much did I pay for the shock?

10. What theme did I use on my first Blaster? Just look at the tank cover.

11. What do I call my dynamometer?

12. On what date did I join Blaster Forum?

13. What is the web address of the KOR site? (exact, full web address)

14. What state is KOR located in?

15. In the video titled “FL250 Long rod”, what brand of rod was used and how much longer was it?

16. In the video titled “KTM XC 200 Power Valve Install”, I use a unique tool to set the retaining screws for the power valves. What is the name of the tool and who invented it?

17. In the video titled “Blaster Cylinder Porting, Part 1”, I explain how to port your cylinder with a Dremel. What is the brand name of the tool I use and where did I find it?

18. In the video titled “Sport Port Part 1”, we use a template to lay out our lines. What company makes the templates and who owns it?

19. From the KOR web site, how often do I recommend you clean and oil your air filter?

20. In the video titled “Ben CCC”, who wrote, recorded, and played the original sound track on the video?

Last edited by a moderator:
1.degree wheel stop
2. 230
3.moose raceing
4.stuffers are hollow
5.bore diamater (2.818)x.004=11.272
6.rich tuning fork
7.bridgeport
8.tarmo
9.$15
10.budlight
11. ass dyno
12. dec 2009
13. http://kenoconerraceing.com/
14. connectiut
15. prox 4mm
16. possie grip kenny buttler
17. chicago rotary tool box in back room
18. racelagic john caldwell
19. after every ride
20. have no clue i need a hint

1. stop, degree wheel
2. 235 degress
3. moose racing
4. it is hollow and will distort
5. bore diameter X .004
6. rich, suzuki tuning fork
7. bridgeport
8. Tarmo
9. $15
10. Bud light
11.ass dyno
12. 12-01-2009
13.index
14.conneticut
15. Pro-X, 4mm
16. Posi-Grip, Kenny Butler
17. Chicago rotary tool, buried in a box in your back room
18. Race Logic, John Calblou
19. After every ride
20. no clue

WTF on # 20 ??? I don't plan on entering but still want to play for myself. I got all the others but 20 is kicking my ass. Lol.

1. stop and a degree wheel
2. 235 degrese
3. moose racing.
4. its hollow and it'll distort
5. bore diameter X .004
6. rich and a tuning fork
7. bridgeport
8. Tarmo
9. $ 15
10. Bud light!!!
11.ass dyno
12. 12/01/2009
13. index
14.conneticut
15. Pro X, 4mm
16. Posi-Grip Kenny Butler
17. Chicago rotary tool, buried in a box in yourr back room
18. Race Logic,, John Calblou
19. After every ride
20. ben himself

Here is my try at it.

1. A stop and degree wheel
2. 235 degrees
3. Moose Racing silencer packing
4. It may distort the webs
5. Take the bore diameter multiply it by .004
6. Rich gave you a tuning fork
7. Bridgeport
8. Tarmo
9. Fifteen dollars
10. Bud light
11. The Ass Dyno
12. December 1, 2009
13. http://www.kenoconnorracing.com/
14. Connecticut
15. YZ connecting rod 4 mm longer
16. posi grip, Kenny Butler
17. Chicago rotary tool, Buried in a box in the back room
18. Race logic, John Caudwell
19. Clean your filter after every ride
20. Ken Oconnor Band

Last edited:
1. stop&degree wheel?
2. 235 degrees
3. moose racing
4. distortion of the webs?
5. bore diameter multiply it by .004
6. rich gave you a tuning fork
7. Bridgeport
8. Tarmo
9. $15
10. bud light?
11. ass-dyno
12. 12-01-09
13. index
14. Connecticut
15. YZ connecting rod 4 mm longer
16. posi-grip, kenny butler?
17. in a box in the backroom is a chicago rotary tool?
18. Race logic, John Caudwell
19. clean the filter after rides?
20. sounds like a video game but either ken or ben

WE HAVE A WINNER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CONGRATS BUMMER 981!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Give me a call so we can talk about your prize.

Just for the hell of it, I'll toss in a KOR T shirt as well.

Nice Job Boss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Big thanks to all that gave this a shot. You were all very close. I'll be doing more contests this year and free give aways. Stay tuned.

Thanks again.
Ken

congrats bummer I:II:I

nice try to the rest of you guys, it was not easy and i'm sure at least that last one involved a good guess and a little luck.

btw...ken told me he played all the instruments in that last vid except the drums, that was a drum machine beat.

Congrats Bummer. I was lost on that last one. Lol. This contest was a great thing to do for this forum. Even know I didn't enter, I want to thank Ken for holding it.

thats not fair! he cheated! he paid ken off!
uh.....what other excuses are there for losing?

haha congrats bummer.

edit: HE STOLE THE ANSWER SHEET!

Anybody know the brand name of the cleaner Ken cleans engines with ? First person to get it right gets 50 rep points. Lol.

dayuuum, you guys leaned alot watching them vids !
i don't even know the answer to that, nor 1/2 of the questions in the contest. :eek:
i did know the answer to the last one though, i've experienced it live I:I

Thank you everyone, especially Ken. I am so pumped up to get my motor ported by KOR. I didn't think I had a chance as I had to work today and you guys got the jump on the contest. Number twenty had me stumped and I guessed, as I saw that Ken plays guitar. I tried using my daughter's I-phone and using the song recognition software, but it was clueless. I figured I better guess to at least have a chance. Awesome contest thank you so much for having it.

dayuuum, you guys leaned alot watching them vids !
i don't even know the answer to that, nor 1/2 of the questions in the contest. :eek:
i did know the answer to the last one though, i've experienced it live I:I

I did it just for the hell of it and had a lot of fun. I learned a couple of cool things to add to it. I want to know how the hell bummer knew the last one. Lol. I was going nuts trying to find the answer to 20.