Blaster Forum Basics - Rules, Questions, etc.

xKroniK13x

THEN WE ALL BLOW UP!
Sep 4, 2009
Blaster Forum Basics
Rules, Questions, etc.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys, there has been (and always has been) a lot of questions popping up about signatures, avatars, etc. This thread will cover the rules and explain how these items work. A lot of this information is pulled from the FAQ area.

Some details, such as post requirement, etc. are not exact. When I get word from an admin the exact rules, they will be updated. So lets begin.

Posting
The rules of posting are simple: do not insult or "flame" other members. This includes, and certainly isn't limited to: arguing about a "better" builder, name calling, racial slurs, etc.
Failure to follow this rule will result in warnings, infractions, and bans. Simple as that.

Signatures
Signatures contain information that you want to include at the bottom of all your posts. This might include pictures, links to your site(s), quotes, etc. The rules state that a member must have 35 posts to edit their signature.

To edit your signature, go to your User Control Panel (USER CP button at the top of the page), then click on "Edit Signature" on the list of the left side of the page.

Avatars are small images that people use to identify or distinguish themselves to other forum members. These will be displayed on the left hand side of the posts. Again, the rules state that a member must have 35 posts in order to edit their avatar. The avatar should not be confused with the profile picture.
A profile picture is the image displayed when someone clicks on your name to view your information, and will not be next to your posts.

To edit your signature, go to your User Control Panel (USER CP button at the top of the page), then click on "Edit Avatar" on the list of the left side of the page.

Marketplace
The marketplace is an area of the forum where users can sell or buy parts off of fellow members. In order to post in the marketplace, a user must have 300 posts and have been a member for 3 months or more. Alternatively, a supporting member can post automatically in the section, regardless of the post count or registration date of their accounts.
If posting items for sale in the marketplace, a price must be posted alongside the item.

Rules for posting inside of the marketplace:
  • DO NOT attack or post derogatory/negative remarks in the For Sale section about any of the products or sellers.
  • Only post if you have questions about the sale item, or have interest in the item.
  • Comments such as "too pricey for me", "can't afford that much", or "wish I had money" are not appreciated.
  • Only one "bump" is allowed every 24 hours.
Also, please remember:
  • If you had a successful transaction(s), be sure to leave positive Trader Rating within each other's profiles.
  • DO NOT leave Trader Rating to users you have not completed a transaction with!
Warning: Any trading, selling, or buying is to not occur outside of the marketplace. These posts will be deleted promptly.

Supporting Membership
A supporting membership to this website costs $10 annually. These subscriptions are important to help run and maintain this website. From becoming a supporting member, you gain many perks, such as ad free browsing, custom titles, increased size of private messaging folders, and much, much more.

To view all perks of becoming a supporting member, or to become a supporting member, click this link!

Warning: There is a difference between donating and supporting. By giving a 10 dollar donation, you do not get an automatic supporting membership. Click here to donate money, and click here to become a supporting member. It is suggested to become a supporting member first as you will get perks for it. After that, if you wish to donate more money, you then use the donate feature! Hope this clarifies confusion!

Blaster of the Month
Blaster of the Month is a monthly contest that members may enter. Other users will then vote for what they feel is the best blaster that month. There are a few rules that need to be followed, which can be found here.

That is really about it! If I am leaving anything out, please let me know, and if you have any questions, feel free to comment below! I:I

Last edited:
good stuff Corey !

one other thing that needs covered is the difference between DONATING and SUPPORTING

quite a few times now, members wishing to SUBSCRIBE/SUPPORT, have DONATED instead.
i've received numerous PM's about this, most recently last week,
and word has it these DONATIONS cannot be applied to becoming SUPPORTING ?????
at least thats the reply one member says he got from an admin ??

this is DONATING:
http://www.blasterforum.com/awcoding.php?do=payment&sid=ds
IT IS A GIFT TO BLASTERFORUM and does not get you the same priviledges supporting does. but definately helps offset the costs of running this place

this is SUPPORTING:
http://www.blasterforum.com/payments.php
it gets you all the priviledges corey lists above
it is found under the SUBSCRIPTIONS BUTTON at the top of every page, right beside the donate button.
it is also set-up to automatically take the funds from your palpay account yearly on the anniversary of your first subscription, this can be changed in your paypal account if you don't keep $ in there for it, you will be notified on here annually of your pending DUES, and can then pay them manually if you change your paypal to not be a reoccurring fee/subscription

my suggestion is to subscribe first and get all the benefits associated with it.
then donate whatever you can afford, if you feel blasterforum's benefit to you is worth more than the $10 subscription fee, and to help keep blasterforum the great website it is for years to come

Last edited:
good stuff Corey !

one other thing that needs covered is the difference between DONATING and SUPPORTING

quite a few times now, members wishing to SUBSCRIBE/SUPPORT, have DONATED instead.
i've received numerous PM's about this, most recently last week,
and word has it these DONATIONS cannot be applied to becoming SUPPORTING ?????
at least thats the reply one member says he got from an admin ??

this is DONATING:
http://www.blasterforum.com/awcoding.php?do=payment&sid=ds
IT IS A GIFT TO BLASTERFORUM and does not get you the same priviledges supporting does. but definately helps offset the costs of running this place

this is SUPPORTING:
http://www.blasterforum.com/payments.php
it gets you all the priviledges corey lists above
it is found under the SUBSCRIPTIONS BUTTON at the top of every page, right beside the donate button.
it is also set-up to automatically take the funds from your palpay account yearly on the anniversary of your first subscription, this can be changed in your paypal account if you don't keep $ in there for it, you will be notified on here annually of your pending DUES, and can then pay them manually if you change your paypal to not be a reoccurring fee/subscription

my suggestion is to subscribe first and get all the benefits associated with it.
then donate whatever you can afford, if you feel blasterforum's benefit to you is worth more than the $10 subscription fee, and to help keep blasterforum the great website it is for years to come

I updated some of the supporting member part, clarified this. Good call.

It's 35 posts for a sig

Thanks bud. Updated it.

One other thing, If selling aren't you required a pic of item? If not it should be IMO! But who then hell am I?

lol this wasn't influenced by me today at all was it lmao?

No, but I'm curious when you could apply your avatar. Was it before 30 or after 30 posts? Just to be sure I got the right number on avatars!

One other thing, If selling aren't you required a pic of item? If not it should be IMO! But who then hell am I?

I agree, but haven't seen that for sure. I'll double check!

Reactions: sicivicdude