blown up blaster

sev

Jan 27, 2009
Luck
i just blew up my blaster and i got the cylinder off and it still wont move, aka there is parts of a piston in my crank, when and if i get the chunks out will i have to replace my crank, i cannot even move my tires when i try to spin them.. and would it be better to bore it or hone it? and if anyone has cheap parts for sale pm me ex. piston/ cylinder

your gonna need a new crank if your piston broke a skirt and the crank decided to eat it.... did you put the tranny in neutral and try pushing it just to make sure it's not the tranny thats messed up? i am guessing your goin to need a bore, when a piston brakes it's usually not kind to the sleeve... pm Kennedy_power, flotek, or wildcard for prices. i suggest a stroker crank and porting to match while its apart :)

I have had some success at cleanin a crank up after a piston goes, but more times than not they have to be replace or rebuilt. Hick is right, usually when a piston breaks it damages the bore and requires a fresh bore/hone. It will cost only a fraction more to have the crank upgraded to a 3mil if replacing is the option. Hit me up if you want an estimate on any of it or any advice.

Wildcard

your gonna need a new crank if your piston broke a skirt and the crank decided to eat it.... did you put the tranny in neutral and try pushing it just to make sure it's not the tranny thats messed up? i am guessing your goin to need a bore, when a piston brakes it's usually not kind to the sleeve... pm Kennedy_power, flotek, or wildcard for prices. i suggest a stroker crank and porting to match while its apart :)

how hard is it to replace the crank or take it out just to clean it? is it a biotch or is there alot of parts when i take it out? or is it something that u can take apart and you just remember it from doing it once.

Time for a new quad. Blaster rebuilds can get really costly. The parts are cheap but ask them what they charge or labor...

thats why you buy a 30 dollar manual and ask around on here for help, and it will be no problem at all, i never jetted my bike before and i came on here and have done it twice for my upgrading i have been doing, but i am also a mechanic....

well im sure i can get some help on here and im not retarded, i mean i have worked on small engines before, but if its something a lil more complex i would have my dad look at it... but if its something easy i would rather not bother him right now.

yeah you will need some help with the crankshaft. first thing you do is check everything and see what you really need to do, tear it down and let us know what the prognosis is.

We never heard if it is in nuetral or not.. Could be a tranny, like the gear on the clutch or worse, a hole through the case into the counter balance..Crank should spin in nuetral....

okay, its not the tranny it rolls in neutral but in gear the tires wont even spin, i took the cylinder off and the motor out and i can see a chunk of piston at the botton of the crank jammed in there i couldnt get it with a magnet so i need to split the case an inch and pull it with something. okay now with the cylinder the stock cylinders you can bore right?... its not nickle? and if i did bore it what size should i go without getting a new crank head etc.... but i still want a noticeable difference.

good news, i sent it to my friends at full throtle motor sports and im getting it bored to a 270 this wednesday! :)