Blastzilla

MotoReno

May 3, 2010
I have a 2001 Blaster that needed a top end job that I picked up for some short cash (from a shady look'n guy).

After doing some research in the strength of the lower end of the Blaster engine, I decided to sell it ($200), and head in another direction.

Not wanting to mess with liquid cooling, I decided to go with an air cooled 1975 KX 250 engine that I had kicking around.

First step is to cut the down tubes and engineer the engine mounts.

it is [pi(bore/2)]^2*stroke

radius is 1/2 of the bore diameter

A cylinder with radius r units and height h units has a volume of V cubic units given by

Image2615.gif

you angry because me smart than you?? you change post after me prove wrong.

If you go back and look at the thread you'd see that I said you were right about the displacement calculation. Thing is you missed my point about the engine having added power because of the added displacement and alteration to the compression.

Your posts are not adding value of the thread. As such your acting like a troll.

A couple of thoughts, not trying to discourage you, just offer insight...
An aircooled old 250 mx motor would probably be pushing 25~30 hp. .70 over is probably about on its last bore.. so one problem and you may eitherhave to resleeve or get a new top end. Also the bottom end and gearing are set up for much different loads and gearing. no counterbalancer so it will vibrate and the pipe may be an issue. also the kx has no provision for lighting.

Your doing a lot of work to make something that will in all likelyhood not be much faster than a well built blaster motor. The blaster bottom end isn't the greatest, but I seriously doubt the old kx bottom end is any stronger.