blaster power loss

warmeck

Dec 25, 2012
Connecticut
so im having another blaster power loss... leak tested compression test and plug chop all checked out okay float height is fine. i am thinking the needle is not on the clip but then i checked it by trying to move the slide side to side and i couldnt which would indicate that its in the slot? checking air filter next....any ideas

found out its running too rich... after a plug chop i got a 240 main in their with air lid on... stock header and pro circuit silencer... going to take the air lid off and run it like that... i mixed 32:1 for 1.5 gallons... so im going to either have to get new gas or compesate for my screw up thanks guys! :eek:

yup so i ran the blaster with the lid off mixing 32:1 1.5 gallons witha 240 main in there and holy sh*t the thing rips even harder now that the air box is off... i think ima keep it off I:I

Be very careful that you are not too lean.

32:1 and a lid removal usually require a jet change of 3 sizes bigger, that in your case should be a #260, maybe 1 more for the silencer.

Needle in middle slot.

Could you be flooding?

Be very careful that you are not too lean.

32:1 and a lid removal usually require a jet change of 3 sizes bigger, that in your case should be a #260, maybe 1 more for the silencer.

Needle in middle slot.

Could you be flooding?

im at a 240 right now and yeah i might be flooding the engine with extra fuel but i thought i could compensate for that extra fuel with taking the lid off? i do have a 260 and a 270 main jet needle and pilot already set for stock silencer and pro circuit.

Your gonna fry your piston man, you can't compensate or change your gas-oil ratio or the air intake without plug chopping to confirm ... I'm not tryin to be a dick I just don't want to see another rebuild thread if it can be avoided ! That 260 main you have should be just about perfect, maybe slightly on the rich side but that would be a lot better than running lean.

never said i wouldn't put the 260 and 270 in. Just saying that when i removed the air box lid which leaned out my too rich condition from me mixing 32:1 for 1.5 gallons. it might be running a little bit leaner than before but i havent varified that i need to go up in jetting because, it was running awesome and plug looked good but, i havent really confirmed it yet. i know i still have to do a plug chop to confirm jetting just trying to get insight on what my condition might be.thanks for help guys!

im at a 240 right now and yeah i might be flooding the engine with extra fuel but i thought i could compensate for that extra fuel with taking the lid off? i do have a 260 and a 270 main jet needle and pilot already set for stock silencer and pro circuit.

Set the float level, adjust the idle and drop in a #260 main jet and then plug chop.

, it was running awesome and plug looked good but, i havent really confirmed it yet.

It will always run awesome when it is just on the wrong side of lean, problem is that it is on a slow road to destruction.

"When will they ever learn, when will they ever learn"

Last edited:
Set the float level, adjust the idle and drop in a #260 main jet and then plug chop.

It will always run awesome when it is just on the wrong side of lean, problem is that it is on a slow road to destruction.

will do, well i woudlnt want that to happen lol.:eek:

LISTEN TO HIM HE KNOWS HIS sh*t I DIDNT LISTEN AND THREE MONTHS LATER THE BLASTER WAS BLOWN AND I HAD TO DROP 300 BUCKS IN MINE so its in your best intrest to listen