Blaster noob

Roger555

Sep 11, 2015
Hello. My blaster died at high rpm- 5th gear. Power cut out twice for a second the day before. Now it's dead.
Spark is good. Compression sounds good. Took the carb off but it looks clean. 2cycle and gas flowing. Can you always see the obstruction in the Jets? Should I put it back on and try again? Someone told me to soak it but idk what that means. I can fix a 72 Chevelle but I'm new to 2 cycle engines. Any ideas? Thanks.

I don't run a stock ignition so i do not know if Blaster's have seperate low/high rpm coils, but some dirt bikes do.
So my thought was, maybe the high rpm coil has been fried?? If Blaster's have one.?

Blasters use a single source coil for the ignition.
Can I just disconnect my 2cycle tank/relay and mix some gas? I'm not real convinced that I'm getting a good fuel/oil shot into the head. I've heard that the fuel injection is not great in an 03 blaster and I should just mix my own gas?

Absolutely no problems with the the oil injection system, failures are caused by operator error.

Forgetting to fill the oil tank, filthy workshop practices and failure to bleed the system after a flip are the major causes of a meltdown when using injection.

Start the engine and let it idle for a minute whilst blipping the throttle.

With the engine idling, Remove the oil line from the carb nipple and if a little oil dribbles out of the hose then you are getting the correct amount of oil.