blaster no start...been sitting help!!

blaster0187

Jan 18, 2011
mulberry fl
I have an 02 I believe blaster been sittin a while cleaned carb looked nice upon
Bowl removal 150 psi compression new plug checked reeds looked kinda bad
Replaced with boyeson pro series removed t.o.r.s has spark

Fired up ran for a few lil boggy then died hasn't restarted
Any help would be awesome.....

Float
Check the float second, I also see that yours is an 03+

I had a problem when I replaced my rear brake pads, we couldn't get the parking break hooked back up so we left it off. Apparently it has a thing on so you can drive when its not hooked up, or is on. So check your brake to make sure it's not being pulled, and that it's hooked up. If that doesn't work, I would say it could be the float sitting low or cracked.

How long was it sitting? The gas can really plug stuff up as it evaporates. There are several tiny passages in the carb, not to mention the pilot jet and needle jet tube. Did you Comepletely dissassemble the carb or give it a quick douche? If it's really bad you might have to soak it. Also see sticky "Almost Free Leaky Carb Fix" DIY forum IIRC.

I also like to blow air both ways through any passage I can get my blow gun to.

Yea that little brass tube that goes right through the middle is often forgotten. That tube has about 40tinny little holes that are usually all caked with gunk. Clean that n it should take off like a rocket

Cleaned carb very well everythng looks good set float to 21 mm checked spark again
Plug pops just barely kickn did another compression test 150 psi kickd and kickd
Never fired or even try to fire....I'm pretty lost here lol