Best's +2 swingarm

Haven't given it a real good test yet. Been raining here and when the rain stopped I grabbed the street bike and did some touring. Neil and I run it up over the wood pile a couple times, spun up the lawn, slid it sideways, some small jumps and did some wheelies but none of his awesome long distance jumps yet. It really does give the bike a bit better balance and it still has enough bite to pull wheelies on wet grass. Yup Slick, no problems with the shock mount and LTZ shock. The ride out back is even smoother.

Tread on those Dirt Dogs is worn tapered so I am running them backwards to get a bite until they wear out. Once the rain burns off, things will be dry and hard here. Tread will not matter much after that.

I am liking it.

Thanks best , yeah I bought this brand new with the help of my parents , Yes you and your son are Motivation for me to keep mine and get it going Finally haha !

That is just what I did Blaaster, backstep the weld, so it is a series of stops and starts rather than a continuous weld.
Continuous weld would have been prettier, but I didn't have it jigged, just lightly tacked.

You Coulda Just Tacked A Lil Brace Btween The Two Plated And Used A Tig Instead Stick, Much Cooler And So Much More Efficiant And So Much Prettier But It Looks Like You Got The Job Done. 8-|

does anyone know what kind of shock i would have to get to make it fit on the extended swinger if i do this mod

This is a really old post, most of these guys arnt even on the forum anymore... Try keeping the old ones out of here...

And stock shock you would run, as the shock mount didnt move I:I

does anyone know what kind of shock i would have to get to make it fit on the extended swinger if i do this mod

I am still here, my son "triplecrown" pops in on occasion.
This arm is still holding up, works fine and may be duplicated on my true Blaster build.
It uses any stock or stock length Blaster shock, I have an LTZ shock on it.

I have jumped it and hammered the heck out of it. Nearly 50hp hammering on it. No problems.

Steve

This is a really old post, most of these guys arnt even on the forum anymore... Try keeping the old ones out of here...

And stock shock you would run, as the shock mount didnt move I:I

Do the stockers have any adjusting ability? 2" extension means added leverage that will need to be compensated for by stiffening up the shock.

Nothing wrong with bumping an old thread. I give the fella props for looking I:I

Do the stockers have any adjusting ability? 2" extension means added leverage that will need to be compensated for by stiffening up the shock.

Nothing wrong with bumping an old thread. I give the fella props for looking I:I

The stock shock doesn't have much damping, quite bouncy.
The remote reservoir shocks of the various 400/450 machines have much better damping. The shock mounting point didn't move but the tail end of the arm did so on the same length shock you typically get about 1/2" more travel and ride height and a softer ride. It doesn't seem any more prone to bottom out, or maybe I just cannot notice the difference. The extended arm and 400/450 shock is considerably softer and less bouncy than a stock arm and shock. Softer is better. It doesn't launch the butt in the air on bumps.

Steve