Best bang for the buck motor build

fourth pic down was hilarious he has a crazed look in his eye like he would have eaten the whole chicken(it looks like)

Yeah, I think the guy in the back is calling 911:

Phone Guy: "Help, there is this crazy man at our camp, giving away chicken, no, INSISTING we take it..."

911: "Stay on the line sir... Where are you calling from?"

Phone Guy: "Ummm, off the Uniack exit, about 2 miles west, then 5 miles south, then at the end of the road about 3 miles east, drive through what looks like a pond and climb the rocks on the other side, follow the power line you can see from the top for about 5 miles, when you get to the logging trail, don't take it, but turn south and follow the river for about 2 miles. When you get to the the boulders, climb them and you will see our tracks in the mud on the other side. Follow the tracks for about 2 miles until there is less tracks, then turn right into the woods. We are at the lake down by the campfire, you'll smell the fries, they've got a wood fired frier going on down here..."

911: "Click"

547852_10150948632115803_962753215_n.jpg

Phone Guy: "and if you see the stubborn guy running 8psi in his tires, tell him to air down. Fries are getting cold and we ain't waiting for him any more..."

well still havent bought much for the blaster. trying to get a few more performance parts for the jeep for a event in may. after that i can conceintrate on the blaster.

i did manage to pull the plasticics off and plasti-dip them today. should protect agianst scratches and what not. my plastics are mint and id like to keep them that way. well see how it works.

734454_502435479815988_816930214_n.jpg

came out good, and matches my flat black helmet.

dropped the psi to the recommended 4.5 psi, hopefully that softens up the ride.

hitting the trails tomorrow, maybe ill post up some pics if i take any.

stratton.

just for reference,
if any of you come here in july, and plan on riding 4lb.'s pressure in the rocks i have here.....
bring tire plugs, fix-a-flat, extra tires and/or walking shoes !

4lb.'s will double over and get punctured sure as sh*t.
MFG. recommended tire pressure may work on mx tracks, sand or common dirt trails, but will leave you hobbling home and mumbling to yourself in this rough stuff.

anyone want to see the collection of ruined tires i have from running 4/5 lbs. pressure ?
I increased the pressure last year and had zero flats on either bike all season.
and nope....i do not get the best traction available, but flat tires get zero traction.

riding conditions determine tire pressure, not what it says on the sidewall.

What are you running Awk?
Give us some numbers...

numbers ha ? i don't own a tire pressure gauge,
i knee onto them, if it depresses more than 1/2" it needs more air :)

my apologies to stratton for his thread getting so off topic

Last edited:
numbers ha ? i don't own a tire pressure gauge,
i knee onto them, if it depresses more than 1/2" it needs more air :)

my apologies to stratton for his thread getting so off topic

That works, some times i just step on the tire with my weight to see how far it depresses!

I have found that when i run low tire pressure on BIG rocky trails i can feel the rocks hitting the rim through the tire, but when i run higher pressure i will bounce off or up or over the boulder!

The first time i had my tires and rims i have now at the Marienville & Timberline Trails i was running low tire pressure. I felt every bolder and rock going up the rocky hill climb. I even got one of my front tires wedged between two small bolder's. The second time on the Marienville & Timberline Trails i put in higher pressure, and i was bouncing off and over the rocks. The third time i took the bypass!

This is a video of the flat area before the rocky hill climb. It gets worse is you go up! The dude in this video has no BALLS! >>>>>>>>> At the Rock Garden, Marienville Trails, Allegheny National Forest - YouTube

Another video>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Marienville & Timberline OHV Trails - Pennsylvania Motorcycle and ATV Trails

Last edited by a moderator:
gonna go pick up some 4 inch stud spacers this weekend from some local kid. 50 bucks for all 16. 4inch total so 2 inch per wheel.

where do you guys get your skids from, just want a engine skid and swing arm skid ? im guessing ebay ?

picked up some goggles yesterday.

never got to ride the other day, my legs where killing me from going all out on squats two days prior. also adjusted the front shocks to the softest setting so ill see if that helps. the rear is about as low as it goes already.

still got a few more things to get for my jeep then ill get at the blaster.

stratton.

ordered a few goodies this week, 1inch handlebar risers, 2inch per side wheel spacer studs, 2inch swing arm extender.

this weekend the top end gets pulled and set off to KOR for a aggressive trail port, hemi mod to the head while its out ill order a toomey pipe.

i personally think thats all ill do to her, possibly a 400ex shock.

i rode for a few hours two sundays ago, had a absolute blast, no pun intended. i had the psi in the tires at the recommended 5psi, it helped alot, rode alot smoother and my back didnt start hurting at all until 4 or so hours into the ride. i think the 400ex shock will totally remidy that so maybe i should get one soon.

heres a pic after the ride next to my tj.

947301_516295008430035_1755918930_n.jpg

shes a lil dirty here, no mudd, but tons of dust, it was really dry that day. shell be back to being spot less before i remove the top end.
stratton.

id go with the dyno port big volume pipe,tons of mid and high range. AWK how are you getting 165 psi?

please elaborate why what you mentioned is better then a kor aggressive trail port and hemi head with a toomey pipe. is what you mentioned avaliable threw kor ?

cool, what extender did you buy ?

one listed on ebay, looks like a solid cheap lil kit.

stratton.

please elaborate why what you mentioned is better then a kor aggressive trail port and hemi head with a toomey pipe. is what you mentioned avaliable threw kor ?

one listed on ebay, looks like a solid cheap lil kit.

stratton.

He wasn't talking about internal motor work. He is listing his choice in pipe.

After all the problems sealing up my POS trinity pipe I recommend toomey as well. You will see the quality in those pipes the minute you lay your eyes on it. The flange to pipe joint is far superior to any other pipe I have seen, the finish is high quality too. Then the best part, power and sound. Go with the toomey.

got the handle bar riser in, man what a difference. i pushed the bars back a bit also. just a few laps around the block just felt so much better, cant wait to try it out in the trails.

got the wheel spacers on, felt so much more stable and planted better.

still have to install the swing arm extender, im going to say its also gonna make a huge difference.

next week the top en comes off, and ill order the toomey pipe. im so tepmpted to go with a 240 kit etc etc, but the as is shes fast enough in the trails to get me in trouble. im just the kinda guy who builds big, all my cars and trucks have been the same. but i think in this situation, a ported 240 with a air striker would just really be to much. port stock jug, hemi head, rejett stock carb, toomey pipe it is.

anyone else have any cheap recommendations other then a 400ex rear shock i dont have anything in mind.

should i upgrade the clutch ? agian the bike has no more at this point then 20 hours on it since new.

heres a pic. of how shes standing as of this past sunday.
37041_521499081242961_80938001_n.jpg

thanks as always for the recent advice guys, always appreciated.

stratton.