banshee questions

harley1-5

Jul 28, 2013
Elko County Nevada
well I did it.I bought a running 98 banshee for $500 delivered.runs ok has fmf exhaust and hot rods crank. I gotta set the floats[leaking out over flow tubes].and fix the clutch.Here are my questions.What jetting shold I use.3500 ft above sea level tors removed uni filter and fmf piped ?also on the clutch issue it wont disengage.he said it wasn't engageing well[slipping]so he tightened the internal adjustment now it wont disengage.He also said the ball was there and greased any ideas?

Need a little more info for jetting. Stock stroke crank? Ported cylinders? Airbox still on?

If the cylinders aren't ported, has an airbox, and has stock carbs this will be really close. 27.5 pilots, stock needles on 4th slot, and 280 mains. With your elevation you might go down to 260's. You know the til though, start with the 280's. Let's see some pics!

Reactions: harley1-5
Sweet. Assuming it has an air box, imported cylinders, stock stroke, and stock carbs here is close jetting. 27.5 pilots, stock needles 4th clip, 280 mains. Will probably end up with 260 mains, but you know the deal.

when i had my shee, i had two 36 mm kehien carbs and a cfm airbox. i also ported my cylinders, v force 3 reeds and tried several pipes before the ex took it.

here are some pic of my past shee. maybe my pics will offer up some ideas. I ran the pro design head on mine. just follow the head torque sequence and don't pinch the O-rings or you will be ordering new ones.

And if you buy asr a arms like I did, make sure to use loc tite on the bolts. this happened in the air jumping a big table top. I landed safely due to the track being soft sand.

Reactions: harley1-5