Banshee owners trash talking blasters

The way I see it - if someone's trash talk makes them feel better about themselves well so be it. I'm better than that. I actually prefer the blaster because I can manhandle it. I love it's size. Sure it's no powerhouse, but I'm 5'8" / 210lbs and have more than enough fun riding. If it gets over on me (rarely) I just toss it off like a prom date when I'm finished. :)

Get used to it - hate is everywhere. As soon as you buy a Camaro you'll make enemies with the Mustangs. Soon as you buy a Rinker, the Caravelle guys will pick on you. That's what differentiates us from animals: The ability to dislike something for no reason other than personal preference.

the wheel base they just pushed the wheels to the front and rear 7 inches further apart.
but the frame is only 4.7 inches longer, the ride height on the banshee is 31.5 inches, on the blaster it is 29.1 inches. (roughly 2 inches difference) there is not that much difference with a banshee.

the biggest difference is the wheel base. but even at that the frame is still only 4.7 inches longer than a blaster...

i know it's a banshee and you are going to argue every inch of difference in the frame, but measure it out no matter where the wheel base is, the frame is still only 4.7 inches longer.... it's still only 2 inches taller in ride height....
they have to put plastics on based on the frame length.....

and the banshee weighing in at 386 pounds weighs more than most 450 class atvs..
the trx450er (electric start) weighs 264 pounds. yfz450 372 pounds....

the banshee is like a dumb caveman swingin' a huge club....unable to catch it's target unless it is running in a perfectly straight line.

but yeah this post is getting a bit ridiculous......

spec for spec the truth comes out...

banshee 73 inches long, 31.5 inches ride height, 50.4 inch wheel base.

blaster 68.3 inches long, 29.1 inches ride height, 43.3 inch wheel base.

biggest diference is the wheel base, so ride comfort is only a 4.7 inch difference.

The way I see it - if someone's trash talk makes them feel better about themselves well so be it. I'm better than that. I actually prefer the blaster because I can manhandle it. I love it's size. Sure it's no powerhouse, but I'm 5'8" / 210lbs and have more than enough fun riding. If it gets over on me (rarely) I just toss it off like a prom date when I'm finished. :)

Get used to it - hate is everywhere. As soon as you buy a Camaro you'll make enemies with the Mustangs. Soon as you buy a Rinker, the Caravelle guys will pick on you. That's what differentiates us from animals: The ability to dislike something for no reason other than personal preference.

you got that right, seems hatred without a cause (malice as some call it) is rampant everywhere.

and you are dead on about the camaro/mustang thing, iam the proud owner of a 4th generation camaro....i hear it all the time....

and i prefer the blaster because it is easier to ride on trails and more maneuverable. lightweight and agile.

wolf, i want you to do me a favor. go sit in your car, have the seat all the way back, then move it up 4.7". notice the difference in leg room.
when you talk about frame, the blaster frame is very short, the front bumper on a blaster sticks out about 7-8" off the frame. i will go do something tonight, i will put a blaster frame next to the banshee, i wish i still had my spare banshee frame to show you the huge difference in size.

also about the weight, you have a quad built in 87 frame unchanged since 90, it is made of steel. all these new 450s are aluminum frames and sh*t. the new yfz450r weighs in at 405 wet and is a full aluminum frame.

I have a friend of larger carriage lol
His complaint with the Blasty is the amount of room between the front and rear fenders. The gap there is considerably bigger on a Shee.

I have a friend of larger carriage lol
His complaint with the Blasty is the amount of room between the front and rear fenders. The gap there is considerably bigger on a Shee.

that is what i am saying. the blaster is a great quad for a beginner because stock they are not big and dont have a great amount of power. and as you grow (both in skill and size) you can make more power and a little bigger.

the banshee is 73 inches long, the blaster 68.3inches.
so the banshee is barely longer than the blaster.... so rider comfort really isnt that different.

it's only just over 4 inches longer than the blaster. yet almost twice the cc's.
the banshee features two 64mm pistons, (the blaster one 66mm piston)
it seems like the frame is just too small for the power.
of course this is easily remedied with an extended swinger.

the banshee is a good quad, tons of power, just not my taste.

not dogging it, to me it feels like someone crammed a 347cc 2 stroke engine on a 250 frame. of course still to this day you cant get a straight answer on the hp.
i have seen dyno's run 40hp at the rear wheeels for a banshee and others between 34 and 36 hp.
a few that i suspected were modded dyno at 47.5 hp.

the next stock banshee customer that comes in the shop for new rings i think iam going to throw it on the dyno for free to satisfy my curiousity.

i love the spirited engine of the banshee, just not the geometry of the frame and engine placement.

around here most banshee riders buy hole shots and cut every other row of lugs out of the tires for more traction. dirt gets loose around here and it's hard to get traction on anything. needless to say goggles are sold in mass here... i think if there was a good use for dirt clouds we'd be the richest state.

look at my sig and you can see ow much longer the banshee is the back tires are lined up. and if anything the banshees are too long for the power unless really modded. most people who want beter handling put on a shorter swingarm which is what i want to do. i spin alot and would like a shrter wheelbase. unless im on the road i spin way more then i would like to. theres guys running 70+ hp shees on -2 swingers and say its the best ride ever. longer swingers are really only needed on high hp drag banshees.

look at my sig and you can see ow much longer the banshee is the back tires are lined up. and if anything the banshees are too long for the power unless really modded. most people who want beter handling put on a shorter swingarm which is what i want to do. i spin alot and would like a shrter wheelbase. unless im on the road i spin way more then i would like to. theres guys running 70+ hp shees on -2 swingers and say its the best ride ever. longer swingers are really only needed on high hp drag banshees.
Yeah side by side the shee drawfs the blaster lol. Its like a 136" track RMK next to an old 121" track indy, or my mountain cat next to my friends old panther lol.

Also I totally agree about the swinger, I know a guy on another forum long ago who built a badass 535? pv beast... But between his +5 swinger and 22" tires he NEVER hooked up, with all that power he still lost to stock rapturds because all he did was spin. As I said above its been well know since the dawn of time that bashees are too long, a -1 or -2 swinger is the way to go on a trail bike with bolt ons it makes a much better mannered machine. But also...... Its a banshee! Its allways going to spin and when you get it to hook it will eat up tires, the best thing you can do is become a better rider and learn to use your power as an advantage.

yeah ya know when they title it blaster it kinda gives you that impression.. and with so many other plastics available...

i just figured they were aftermarkets...

still a 250cc beating a 350cc banshee is still a funny win, even with the power of the 250r