Christmas quads... maybe

Got some work done on these last night. Got the carb hooked up on the moto just to see if it would run. It started within the first couple tries and ran lousy for a second and then it wouldn't start again. The plug is in rough shape though so I'll get a new one and try again. While turning it over about every 3 seconds it shoot a little puff back through the carb. Not sure if this cause the plug or if the timing could be off.

Got the carb back on the china quad and tried to change the fluid in the rear gear box, but having touble with the bolts. Had trouble with the carb too. I put a new intake on and it comes off at a slight angle, just like the old one did. Not sure why though it would work a lot better if it was straight because the carb barely fits between the frame there when it is straight. I shoulda took a better picture before I took it out. It is on there though. Hopefully get some more done tonight

Yeah. I plunge the iron in the crack and then kinda wipe the excess on the sides back in then added some of the plastic from the rear fenders back on top.

Picked this up sunday night
IMG_20141110_092514736_HDR.jpg
IMG_20141110_092522720.jpg
IMG_20141110_092532416_HDR.jpg

Its 2014, 125cc they had it 4 months and moved to an apartment and needed to get rid of it. Needs a battery and the tires are pretty worn from pavement and over-inflation. paid $450 for it, he said it was 850 new

I can't remember the name on it, don't think it was taotao. The guy said it was fairly quick with him on it, I'll post how it rides when I get a battery, might be a few weeks though

On another note, got a plug for the moto and it fired right up!! Smoked a good bit, but it has been sitting a few years. Ran through the gears and all seemed to work fine. Looks like it will be going on ebay before too long. I'll post an ad on here first in case anybody needs some moto 100 parts

Well I got the first china quad mostly back together. I was able to get the drain plug out on the rear end and flush and refill it. Put a new crack in the front fenders getting them on:mad: but its not in a very visible spot and I'm not taking them back off. I realize now you are probably supposed to take the handlebars of to remove the fenders. I need to find out about the engine oil though, because I've read in some places the engine and gearbox are separate. No pics yet and I went ahead and ordered batteries tonight for it and the new china quad. Ended up getting Yuasa because I read good things about them. And I checked and the new quad is a Shandong Liangzi power co lz125-3. The more I look at it, the more little things I see wrong with it. Noticed the other day the cap on top of the stator cover was missing. Not sure why they even have one there

That makes sense. When I saw it first thing I did was look on the bottom to see if there was a drain and there's not. No telling what kinda crap has gotten in there

Well both china quads are up and running. I'll get some pics up later. The first one is running good, I'm not happy with the top end on it. Seems it tops out at pretty low rpms, I wanna say maybe 5k and maybe 20mph. Once it s up there I can let the throttle down to about half, even a little less and it makes no difference. Not sure if there is some sort of restriction or safety on the carb maybe, but I'm gonna check into it more. The cable moves the apparatus on the carb the full range of motion, so I'm not sure.

The new china quad is running good as well. Was a pain to get started, but that's cause the fuel line is in the way of the choke lever. Doesn't pull me around very well, but I also let most of the air out of the tires, so once I get new ones properly inflated and a 70lb girl on it, it should go good! I'll try and get some pics up this evening

Yeah. I plunge the iron in the crack and then kinda wipe the excess on the sides back in then added some of the plastic from the rear fenders back on top.

Picked this up sunday night
View attachment 12632 View attachment 12633 View attachment 12634
Its 2014, 125cc they had it 4 months and moved to an apartment and needed to get rid of it. Needs a battery and the tires are pretty worn from pavement and over-inflation. paid $450 for it, he said it was 850 new

i have one simular..on mine you half to pull the rear brake to start it ,and charge the battery constantly they are so small they loose charge quickly...and the choke on the carb is a joke...i never even bothered using it cuz like i said it was a joke:)it is different then yours but looks very simular

So I got a pic for ya
IMG_20141125_121024733.jpg

And I think the problem its having may have something to do with the vacuum for the slide/needle. I was thinking at first that the tube coming of should go to something, but I think the vacuum actually comes from inside the carb and the tube is for atmospheric pressure. Can't help thinking since the throttle only controls a butterfly and the fuel is controlled by vacuum and the fact that I'm not getting very high rpms, that it must be a problem with that slide. So I guess the plastics and tank are coming back off. Hopefully I can remedy the situation without removing the carb, cause getting it and the filter in was a pita

the china quad i got is a lifan 90cc auto it pulls hard....when i first got it the carb was obviuosly not tuned proper and the plug gap was nearly touching...one of the side cases should say what it is or there is a sticker under front plastic....

400 lifan 1.jpg