Back With A New Project!! :D

May 18, 2012
Scotland
Hi guys well iv been off this for a few days (about a week in a half i think) as i was unwell. im now all better and im back with a new project. the blaster is nearly all gone. still got few parts to sell but the parts that's left will pay to get this going and a freshen up.

A

SUZUKI RM125 1984 EVO! i paid for it tonight and i should have it within the next few days as iv booked a courier that delivers bikes.

i paid $700 delivered and that's from 350 mile away (700 miles on a round trip)

i don't plan on upgrading it to anything special as its just to use at a local field. but i will be stripping it right down and freshen it up with a powdercoat and a full engine rebuild as guy said its stuck.(think its probably seized as its been sitting for a few years.)

anyways this is the pictures from the listing on ebay until i get the bike.

My Plans Are:
Fresh Powdercoat In Either The Blue That's On Frame The Now Or White
White Plastics At Somepoint
Full Rebuild
Get A Carb And Throttle For It As Its Missing Along Some Nuts And Bolts Its Also Missing.
New Bearings Etc In Swingarm And Wheels
New Brake Shoes
New Fork Seals

really just to make it brand new again.

i went back to a bike after a year as its cheaper as i won't want to upgrade it like i did the blaster i will be freshening it up and giving it some love but not going mental on the prices there isn't alot of parts aftermarket i don't think for them anyway.

but hope you guys enjoy this build and at least i am starting it the right way this time with a full dismantle and build! :D time will be slow as i need to sell the parts iv got left of quad and the games i have for xbox i don't play :)

Nice looks like a good project, good luck with the build. Keep the pictures coming.

thanks! will do :) will upload pictures once it arrives I:I gonna bid on a top end kit on ebay for like $40 if its the size i need. need to check cylinder and the piston size though first :) going to phone suzuki this week and price a manual :D

IMO the blaster is one of the best most reliable and best built quad of its time. Look how many years they were out and are still going strong.. and for the$$ how can you beat it.. why they are so cheap lately i don't know.but in another 10 years i bet the price doubles.. but hey ,, I'm an older bike guy myself,, good luck with every thing.. keep us updated with the progress.. looks like you have a good base to start with...

so explain to me why u sold your blaster and bought a dirt bike??????

after all that time and money and work.....

yeah i know i put a lot of money into it but i always wanted to upgrade it and i always seemed to take it apart lol with the bike il only be repairing it as there isn't alot of parts out there if any to upgrade it lol

hes turning into one of them dirtbike guys "quads are for pussys" ride a dirtbike, lol just kidding man. dont be one of them guys though

haha i do like quads but the time i paid track fees i wouldn't have got out plus my grandad isn't able to tow a trailer the size i had for quad but i can pick up a light single bike trailer that he is going to be able to tow.

IMO the blaster is one of the best most reliable and best built quad of its time. Look how many years they were out and are still going strong.. and for the$$ how can you beat it.. why they are so cheap lately i don't know.but in another 10 years i bet the price doubles.. but hey ,, I'm an older bike guy myself,, good luck with every thing.. keep us updated with the progress.. looks like you have a good base to start with...

thanks man i will do. hoping to get a full rebuild on engine within the next 3 weeks I:I :D

well i should have bike by a week today :) also got my grandad's friend looking at a garage so if he buys it il have money to rebuild the engine :D plus still have the money from quad parts which will pay for powdercoat :)

Hi guys well iv been off this for a few days (about a week in a half i think) as i was unwell. im now all better and im back with a new project. the blaster is nearly all gone. still got few parts to sell but the parts that's left will pay to get this going and a freshen up.

A

SUZUKI RM125 1984 EVO! i paid for it tonight and i should have it within the next few days as iv booked a courier that delivers bikes.

i paid $700 delivered and that's from 350 mile away (700 miles on a round trip)

i don't plan on upgrading it to anything special as its just to use at a local field. but i will be stripping it right down and freshen it up with a powdercoat and a full engine rebuild as guy said its stuck.(think its probably seized as its been sitting for a few years.)

anyways this is the pictures from the listing on ebay until i get the bike.

My Plans Are:
Fresh Powdercoat In Either The Blue That's On Frame The Now Or White
White Plastics At Somepoint
Full Rebuild
Get A Carb And Throttle For It As Its Missing Along Some Nuts And Bolts Its Also Missing.
New Bearings Etc In Swingarm And Wheels
New Brake Shoes
New Fork Seals

really just to make it brand new again.

i went back to a bike after a year as its cheaper as i won't want to upgrade it like i did the blaster i will be freshening it up and giving it some love but not going mental on the prices there isn't alot of parts aftermarket i don't think for them anyway.

but hope you guys enjoy this build and at least i am starting it the right way this time with a full dismantle and build! :D time will be slow as i need to sell the parts iv got left of quad and the games i have for xbox i don't play :)

Waoo nice bike that is a classic like it and good luck with the project !!!!!

I 100% agree with you I:II:I

Doesn't matter how much money and work is in it, its still just a blaster.

I couldn't agree more! Look at Speedy's bike for example, it's got almost 1,500 dollars in shocks and he can't get 1,500 for the whole bike. I'm in the same boat. I did a lot of research before I dumped thousands of dollars in mine. I knew it was not an investment, it's a hobby with partial payback on your investment.

Anyway your build looks good man. Keep the pics coming.

thanks guys I:I yeah is defo a classic lol coming up for 30 years old next year :p but will be sweet once im done :) trying to find a crankshaft for it but can't find. the parts website in the us wants like 350 dollars plus shipping to the uk and its more than what i paid for the bike in first place. might need to hunt high and low for parts lol :D

well guy called the seller today and arranged to pick the bike up next week I:I not sure when il receive it but it will be within 2 weeks hopefully :) also have like £100/$150 towards engine rebuild :D