Back With A New Project!! :D

taking barrel off tomorrow to see the damage along with how the bottom end looks. i might also be buying a road bike cheap to fix and sell on and it will give me some cash to put towards getting the engine done and what ever else it needs lol emailed rumblers in kirkcaldy to get a price on parts just to see difference to the website i have as the shipping is more than the parts.

well i still haven't got barrel off :( cant get one of the nuts off as there is no room to get a socket or a spanner on it? iv tried vice grips but still nothing. any ideas?

pictures of clutch. funny enough its been ran on Silkolene gear oil the same as i ran my last bike but the engine is a mess wrong bolts wrong piston size,crankshaft only turning a small bit(not sure if its to do with the piston) rusty flywheel bolts which i suspect theres been water in it as when i drain the oil it was bubbly and not like oil ran like a tap lol

this is the nut that i can't get off. any ideas...

A widdle bit of heat might help.

You know the good old hot wrench technique.

ah thanks man :) iv got a heat gun coming so il wait on it then try it again :D i can get the open end of spanner on but theres not enough room to turn it lol how they make these engines i don't have a clue lol clutch looks not to bad but il need to take it apart and see the basket :) also see why the clutch arm won't move. i did ask for a project though so i can't complain ;) haha

only thing is whoever has been at engine has used instant gasket on everything. water pump,clutch cover,barrel and i don't mean just a small amount the clutch cover i had to pry open with a flat head driver as i can't get it off. but im going to be rebuilding the whole thing with only Oem Gaskets and new seals etc :)

Heat, in that case is going to be your friend.

yeah :) went down earlier to take clutch cover off and every bolt was slack. then found out when they came out there not even the correct ones for it. some were spanner shaped bolts others were screws but none of them tightened right up. so need to get the correct ones :) waiting on a email back from a local shop to see prices on parts and see if they can get them :)

well still not got barrel off :( having to cut the nut and nut off as its being a little biotch. getting new studs for it anyway :)

i got a couple of pictures anyways :)

still not finishing the flywheel cover just a rough idea what its going to be like. polishing it as much i can and same with the cases when there split.

Grrr!! more money i need for this engine :( will need another sleeve or another cylinder.
1. piston is broken off and down inside engine.
2. need new crankshaft although it does move i don't know whether to use as there is peices of piston in it. can i flush it out or would i need a new one?
3. the sleeve is broken although its not scratched or any grooves!!

pictures..

Sad news for you, the cases must be split and all bearings thoughourly cleaned if not replaced.

There is no way you can flush out all the piston debris.

Sad news for you, the cases must be split and all bearings thoughourly cleaned if not replaced.

There is no way you can flush out all the piston debris.

no worries bud :) what about crank? i will be renewing every bearing anyways i was going to before i found out this. i am just going to get a Sleeve Fitted as a guy local to me can do it if i supply it for £30/$50(its a motorcyle repair place) that way i have a fresh cylinder as well.

well FINALLY i got the cases split :) i also found a guy on ebay that rebuilds crankshafts for £85/$110 all in. so cheap than a new crank. not sure whats been going on with this engine as there was alot of mud/thick oil inside the cases. like the mud and the oil mixed together?

pictures

well turns out the rm is a 1985. i am swapping stuff and cash for a 1985 rm 125 tomorrow so il get the parts i need for mine :) plus have some spares as there is a whole engine.

the 1984 apparently has 1 Radiator but this one has 2 so guy believes its a 1985 same as his.

well FINALLY i got the cases split :) i also found a guy on ebay that rebuilds crankshafts for £85/$110 all in. so cheap than a new crank. not sure whats been going on with this engine as there was alot of mud/thick oil inside the cases. like the mud and the oil mixed together?

Over time some oils when exposed to heat, agitation and moisture will produce a brown scum, especially if different brands of oil have been mixed together.

Over time some oils when exposed to heat, agitation and moisture will produce a brown scum, especially if different brands of oil have been mixed together.

ah right well there was red oil came out when i took clutch cover off. i used on a previous bike. then when i split cases it was black oil. il be running it on my previous oil (silkolene light gear oil) as never had a problem with it and previous bike ran sweet as a nut :)

hi guys this project will be on hold until the end of 2013. as i don't have the cash to do it right now as going to buy a KTM 250 1996 that il be fixing and using as doesn't need as much as this does.