anyone made theirs street legal?

mach158

Feb 23, 2009
Walker, Iowa
I'm going to be looking into making my quad street legal. Just curious if anyone has done it or even attempted to look into it?

I'm not going to be driving it far,just into town for training nights at the fire station etc which is about 5 miles away. No long trips to work or anything.

I just need to get a rear brake light, turn signals, and a horn then I would imagine I could register it as a motorcycle. Only problem is, I don't have a title so I need to look into that.

I'm also aware of the fact I would need different tires which also wont be a problem.

Any ideas, advice, tips, rants, raves are welcome.

I have a friend who has a street legal raptor 700 and all he had to do was replace the swingarm in the back with a motorcycle swingarm because you have to have three wheels instead of four and he instaled turnsignals as other lights in order to get an inspection sticker in the state of virginia. After that all he had to do is get it regestered. His street legal raptor 700 is mad cooler then that street can-am motorcycle thing.

three wheelers are much easier as they are classified as motorcycles. the 4th wheel is the problem as they are now considered cars. seatbelts, bumpers fenders windshields horns etc. dunlop makes street legal (street tires must be DOT approved) tires for 10" rims.

flat tracks are dot approved you can get a tital at the dmv and you dont need turn signals you can use hand signals

depends on the flat track tire, most are not dot (hoosiers etc) you can get a title easy, it's the street legal registration thats difficult. most states require full inspection to make an off highway vehicle street legal, including dot headlights and brake lights etc. then you will need insurance as most states require proof of insurance to operate a motor vehicle.

Well I checked into it a little more and its not worth the time spent getting everything where it needs to be and going through the whole process.

haha just buy a r6 frame and register that then hammer in the serial number on the blaster. Throw the plate on there and rip that thing. if they pull you over be like, its a crotch rocket then rev it up ahhaha