Anyone know about extended swingarms?

Tarmo has been working on the swingarm project for about three months. He's got all of his jigs made and his process down. He'll be finishing the first one this week. The first version is a gusseted +4 with the mount in the stock location for stock travel. We mounted it on my bike yesterday and took a bunch of measurements and everything lines up nice and straight. The next version will be the long travel +2 for the 400 EX shock. We'll be sending it to Awk for testing. If he cant hurt it, no one can. I was looking at it yesterday with a buddy of mine and he said “ That thing will survive the apocalypse”! I looked at him and said “ I know. But will it survive Awk”? I'll try to get some pics up today. We set out to make these things and compete with the Swingarm Shop prices. We learned very early on that this wasn't going to be possible. The swingers will come with new bushings, bearings, seals and pins installed, choice of length and travel and a new custom chain slider.

sounds awsome ken,
but you do still have about a month till i get my new frame in the next week or so, and start the rebuild
and you know .......tested it will get !!!!!!!!!!!

i might add to kens info............
these are completely, from the ground up, all new materials used for these swingers.... machined bearing tubes, rails, shock mounts, gussets and carrier mounts
not an extended stock swinger or even any parts from one

finally, a professionally built, tough as they come, affordable A/M swingarm
i cant wait !!!!!!!!!!!!

Its impossible to build a ground up swingarm to compete with the swingarm shop prices but on the other hand you get what you pay for. I put a high value on my time and thats why i never felt it feasable to build them to sell but on the other hand as a hobby i will build some all TIG welded impossible to break arms just for fun. I have a brand new high dollar pulse tig welder on order and I cant wait to mess with it. I do have mig capability but i prefer TIG over mig for the cleaner welds as well as less metal fatigue which insures no cracking at weld toes . I also am glad someone is going to build a high quality swing arm and not use stock components which is the weak point on any arm.

taking this to a pm, so as to not hog this thread anymore

Ha! And we get to miss the fistfight?

Kind of got to expect this from teenagers, but wait, how old are you guys?
I guess it is infectious. As another old fart, I hope I don't catch it.

I second the motion for no drama. I wanna hear about swingarms... :)

More facts, less guesses, less "yeah, what he said", less "I heard",
more "I tried", more pictures. More wheat, less chaff!

Steve