400ex REAR SHOCK owners

Got it all together!! Time for a ride!

IMG_6933.jpg

IMG_6934.jpg

IMG_6935.jpg

Started cutting the fenders too. Still need to smooth them out.

IMG_6937.jpg

IMG_6932.jpg

Thanks to everyone who chimes in to help and greatly to those for the pics and ideas.

I:I Fawken SWEEEEEET!!! I:I Best mod yet....besides power mods of course!! Well......18" rears were the best mod I think too. Also it's much better with the little lady too!! It sits a little higher (which also looks badass) It's fully adjustable for the conditions you ride that day for example compression, rebound and preload. *NOTE- what alot of people don't know though is that even the stock Blaster shock is preload adjustable (from the bottom) which even that makes the stocker more bearable to deal with untill upgrade. However, even with the stock shock's preload cranked up, if my 210 butt sat on the rear grap bar for instance....it would be completly bottomed out. But now with the 400ex shock, I can't get it to bottom if I jump on the rear grab bar. It still has another inch or so (at least!) of shock shaft visible!! Of course, this is just a stand-still example and representation of just how much better this shock is to bottoming with such smooth resistance compressing AND rebound!! You can just absolutely notice the quality w/ NIGHT & DAY difference!!!!!!!!!! So to sum it all up.....the ride is just awesome to what it was. DO IT, DO IT NOW!! I:I

Try adjusting the comp. out a few clicks. and don't have the preload (threaded spring adjustment) cranked down too much. Also, if the rebound is too soft it will "pack up" on you during stutter bumps like the ones that form before a hard corner at the track. Speed that up by backing that out too a few clicks. Ride...adjust one thing,........RIDE.....adjust another, pay attention to what it's doing. I also use a spotter at the track. This is what I used to do with the 250R in my track days. This quad applies only slightly as long as you're running this shock. Just keep riding and tweaking. It's all about lots of ride time and TWEAKING. Tweaking is everything.......after riding that is.

Thanks for the info! I haven't turned any adjustements yet. I just put it on and tried it out. I know the bigthreadednut isnt very high. I'll have to look for the other adjustments. (Never adjusted on a shock b/f.) I remember seeing one on the bottom I think. I'll start with backing whatever I find "out" a few clicks! :)

I just ordered my 400ex shock today for 32.00 on ebay not bad. I was wondering will the stock blaster shock cover fit well enough over it?