400ex REAR SHOCK owners

SMITTY

Oct 3, 2008
Connecticut
I just ordered a 400ex shock off ebay!! For all you guys with them, what can I expect from it? ride, bottoming resistance, plushness, and ride height? Thanks for any input!

well... i have not rode with mine yet but i weight 235 and with both of the settings turned to hard if i jump on it it only goes down about an inch

and it feels really plush....and it makes the quad sit around 3/4 inch higher

man i hate my computer....... it makes me double post..... srry

Last edited:
yo tj man that helps a sh*t load, im 200 and out of everyone that rips blasters, most are like around 150. its hard to judge suspention and that when there alot lighter. i think im going to go ahead with geting the 400ex rear cuz you say its good for your weight, should be good for me too. and 3/4 is perfect, exactly the high increase im looking for.

yo tj man that helps a sh*t load, im 200 and out of everyone that rips blasters, most are like around 150. its hard to judge suspention and that when there alot lighter. i think im going to go ahead with geting the 400ex rear cuz you say its good for your weight, should be good for me too. and 3/4 is perfect, exactly the high increase im looking for.

I say go for it... its easy to get to fit and it's adjustable

Now, what do you think for the front? Are Banshee shocks not worth the time or $50 shipped? Or just save for something better? Plushness is what I'm after.

ive rode on my blaster with the 400ex shock mayb for 5 minute and its way beterr and its an adjustable height, well mine is and right off the bat it rose the back up like 2 inches whihc i liked and its way more comfortable. let us know wen u get it b/c theres a few ways to put it on and i tried all of them lol and the way i picked i feel was the fastest and easiest and cheapest. and worked good.

Night/day difference... We have one set-up for my 130# son, and my big "full size" body rode it a few times, and it is a spectacular difference !

well the top mount is where the work comes in. originally ppl told me to buy a new bronze sleeve whihc they have at ace hardware stores ro where ever in the lil pull out draws. well they dont have a direct size and fitment on them. drilling out is in order and its a pain. well after trying a couple ways with limited supply i came up with my way. first i tried to use the stock 400ex bushing(which is smaller then the blaster) whihc means u need a smaller bolt. dummy me trying to make that work i bought a smaller bolt and washers and stuck it through and tightened it down. well even as tight as it goes the smaller bolt doesnt sit flush with the frame on the blaster(obviously b/c its smaller) so that didnt work. wat i did was went into a hardware store most should have them, and got nylon spacers. they r lil white circles that were also in those pull out draws in the hardware isle. i found the closest 1 to the hole in my frame and got 2. now my bolt also that fit snug in the 400ex shock bushing fit just about perfect throught the spacer also. but to make it easier i actually drilled the spacer out like an unnoticable amount just to fit the bolt easier. and any drill can do it its nylon. so the 2 nylon spacers go rite onto the frame on the blaster. then hold shock up and slide the smaller bolt through the spacers into the stock 400ex shokc bushing( with washers on each side of the shock so it cant swig back and forth) and throught the other side of the frame. then bolt it down and ur good. ur gonna have to get a bolt for the top of the shock whihc it easy just bring the bushing and make sure its long enough. and a bolt i got a lock bolt. then the 2 spacers and like 4 washers that fit on the bolt. thats it for the top. now on the bottom, it was easy if i remember correctly i just drilled the stock hole out to accomodate the blaster bolt and bought a couple washers. thats it.

So, does it go like this order?

Bolt - nylon -frame-washer-washer-SHOCK-washer-washer-frame-nylon-locknut

I'm sure I'll see the discrepency when I start on this lil project.