400EX rear shock Nice!

slickerthanyou

Dec 23, 2009
Well finally got the shock installed thanks to Ken Oconner's bushings/bolt took me all of Ten minutes to do!

I did have to drill out the bottom mount to use the Blaster bolt, I also used a SS washer as there was a bit too much play on that bottom than i was comfortable with. Being it is from a 2006 i didn't have to cut the front fender tab where the reservoir goes, I did have to move my brake resi, back an inch cause at 3/4 compression it would hit it. Other than that, it seems to be much more cushionee- I will get pics tonight.

Before I do a ride report- I have to remove the stator cover/flywheel- and do some electrical checks to make sure all is kosher, as the concensus seems to be a possible electrical problem causing me some issues.

Hopefully I'll be able to pinpoint something. If not I guess It'll need a AWK mountain ass woopin- To show it who's boss!

na i just woke up at 230 in the mornin bc i went to bed at 8pm. then went back to bed at 4 lol. I'm on vacation starting today so woot woot blasty build time

pics.... or it didn't happen! BWAHAHAHAHA!

WTF! no pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just for the both of you... BWAAAAAAHAAAAA i just couldn't resist, BTW my boss told me to quit fukin off!

2evuw5v.jpg

btw, the ppl want pics! well here is a PIC of a 400EX shock with kens bushings :p and yea bob the newer ones i think are the red ones and the older ones are the white ones that are off set. i might be wrong tho
IMG_20110322_122956.jpg

nice, bet it feels good. just put a 250r shock on mine. although i think it's an atc shock instead of a trx it still rides awesome. you'll be happy.

btw, the ppl want pics! well here is a PIC of a 400EX shock with kens bushings :p and yea bob the newer ones i think are the red ones and the older ones are the white ones that are off set. i might be wrong tho
IMG_20110322_122956.jpg

Hey did you steal that from my garage?

IMG_20110322_122956.jpg

Concur, you are right.

Yeah, that is my setup as well. AND, I did the same, add one SS washer to either side of the bottom shock mount, fits like a glove now!!

Welcome to some good a$$ suspension now there Slicky Bob, enjoy, it is AWESOME, love mine, no doubt... I:I