400EX OR 250R REAR SHOCK????

Its not the 87 trx cause that is what im looking at right now and i saw a pic of the shock with a tape measure on it and it measured 17 top to bottom. Same as blaster or at least within a 1/2 inch.

19" just seems like a primo length for my custom rear end. need phragle to the rescue! what 250r shock is 19"(or whatever the longer one is)

The blaster stock eye to eye as 15" even. 4" longer would be way to much. 1" brings up the rear like 2" on mine maybe more.

The blaster stock eye to eye as 15" even. 4" longer would be way to much. 1" brings up the rear like 2" on mine maybe more.

yeah but im redesigning the swingarm. im dropping the mount down into the swingarm, possibly putting an angle on it as well, that would drop it if it was to high.

Angled ones look sweet like high tech or something. ^Yea you will be fine, its always good to fab things then pay high prices when you can. I think 17" on cody's might be jacked up too much. I would pull the pin and sit it up 2" see it you would like it or not. I have mine at like 16 1/4 on the stock swinger. Anything higher and I feel like I would slip off the seat.

Last edited:
No the 17 is very top to very bottom not eye to eye like the guy should have measured it. But since its 17 from very top to very bottom that should mean that it is closer to 15 rather than 17. Ill post pics as soon as i get it on.

i just took a 2x4 and put it under the grab bar and swinger to get the height I wanted. I would try doing this because I was suprised an inch on the shock would raise it so much. Some shocks have long tabs that you can just cut down and redrill the bottom mount to fix this.

if its to high set the tension real low or what ever does it i forgot already thats what i did to my atc and it sits about 2inches up from stock but when i get on it goes back to stock height. phrangle to the rescue please!

Is there a shock that is recommended for a fatass(lol), like 200+ pounds?

I'm trying to build a nimble trail rig on a modest budget and was going to start with a Blaster, but I'm hearing a lot of "You're too big for a Blaster". Is the Blaster a good platform to build from, or am I barking up the wrong tree?

My buddy is 250+ and rides a blaster. Go with yfz shocks in front. Thats what he runs on his and they are a stiffer shock, and i havent hesrd him complain one bit and we ride alot. If you run YFZ shocks you need +3 arms or else the balljoints will fail.