35mm PWK jetting for 240

sandblaster240

Sep 9, 2009
I have a 2002 Blaster that I installed a Vito's 240 kit. The set up I have is Boyesen power reeds with reed spacer, K&N air filter with box drilled, FMF pipe, 35mm Keihin PWK.

I had the stock carb with a Vito's jet kit (300 main, needle in third slot, can't remeber the pilot) after about 5 hours the engine seized. I've rebored .10 over and am installing the 35mm PWK and have no idea what the jetting should be. Any help would be appreciated. I use Redline oil at 40:1 mix and my son mostly rides the quad in the sand at about 4000' elevation and maybe a temperature of 75 to 80 degrees.

I have a 2002 Blaster that I installed a Vito's 240 kit. The set up I have is Boyesen power reeds with reed spacer, K&N air filter with box drilled, FMF pipe, 35mm Keihin PWK.

I had the stock carb with a Vito's jet kit (300 main, needle in third slot, can't remeber the pilot) after about 5 hours the engine seized. I've rebored .10 over and am installing the 35mm PWK and have no idea what the jetting should be. Any help would be appreciated. I use Redline oil at 40:1 mix and my son mostly rides the quad in the sand at about 4000' elevation and maybe a temperature of 75 to 80 degrees.

just for info- you should have richened the needle by dropping the clip at least one slot and upped the pilot jet one. all of this would have richened up the low to mid. i do not know if that is why it siezed but in case you know someone who wants to use the vito's kit you should share this with them. as far as the main it would have to be tested like all of the other circuits but i imagine it would be in the 320-330 range.

as far as your current concern i would call vito's and ask them while you wait for a response. it might take a little while but you will get many responses by the end of the day-- good luck!

where are you--Idaho?

where are you--Idaho?

I'm near placerville CA. We ride alot at Sand Mountain NV.

I did call Vito's and they were pretty wishy washy about jetting. Which I understand, there are alot of variables when it comes to Jetting. They finally told me to try a 52 pilot and 145-160 main. I was hoping to find someone who has similar mods to see what they are at in their jetting.

I'll probably switch to 32:1. That's going to lean it out a bit, right? What type of oil do you recommend? I've been using Redline.

Thanks for the responses.

I'm near placerville CA. We ride alot at Sand Mountain NV.

I did call Vito's and they were pretty wishy washy about jetting. Which I understand, there are alot of variables when it comes to Jetting. They finally told me to try a 52 pilot and 145-160 main. I was hoping to find someone who has similar mods to see what they are at in their jetting.

I'll probably switch to 32:1. That's going to lean it out a bit, right? What type of oil do you recommend? I've been using Redline.

Thanks for the responses.

Wow! i did not know that sand mountain was that high!

they do not want to give you a definite answer as there may be liability issues. but if they can get you close that would be great and start with the richer jets and work your way down and also jet from the bottom circuits and work your way up. your oil is fine i use klotz (in my signature below my post) at 32:1 and when i go to a more modified engine I may go to 25:1 and the reason is because the blaster is a small air cooled engine. for your big bore i would stongly recommend going to 32:1 at the minimum. it will be leaner but you are rejetting anyways. there are tons of people on here with similar setups and it will just take a little time for them to chime in. this a great site with many passionate knowldgeable members and we will get you squared away! I:I

also for tuning purposes read the article found here: http://forums.pstuning.com/index.php?showtopic=545

I have a 240 kit with a hotrods +4mm stroker. I'm running a Keihin PJ34mm with a 70 pilot jet, needle clip in the middle slot and a 170 main jet.

I'm running a vito's bbk, +3mm stroker crank, v-force3 reeds, spacer with a 35mm pwk, redline oil at 40:1. Main is 150, clip in the top slot and not real sure about the pilot, 48-52, somewhere around there. Its running a tad rich, just the way I like it. I'm also running an irridium plug too