34mm carb adapter WTF??

Oldfart1stATV

Oct 29, 2007
$100 for friggin' aluminum block to stick a dam 34 mm carb on????

I'll make it first!

What gives with the uber pricey mounts? I can use plumbing fittings and get it to seal for under $10.

Am I missing something?

A

There is one on ebay for 49.99 that ends in an our. Its for 34-36mm carbs and its brand new. Ebay usually has a few for around 50$ or cheaper.

Missed it

I can't find one in that range, lemme know if you find another.

If anyone has one and wants to do some trading I have a pile of Keihin parts I will be getting rid of. I have one that's about complete except the cable and the cable attachment on the slide. Other than that it's all there and I have some parts, float and plunger, gasket, one bowl, extra body, slide, spring, air needles, etc.. If anyone else has a pile let's combine.

Anyone know why there is two diff. slide sizes?

Also appears to be needle diff.

Oh O, I love carbs, at least these are simple critters.

Moma takes her first ride on the Blaster tom. Should be interesting!

A

Fair question..

I have the stock head and ruuber and a stock carb that goes into the the air box. I "need" what ever it takes to insert a 34mm in there.

At this second that's the best answre I got.

A

Ok...

That's a little better, I'll look into that.

Still gotta do plug chops to see what's up.

Sooooooo, close though.......

Anyway, may get more seat time this weekend. Run some chops and dial it in. I still think the knob on the top of the carb is fubar, we'll see.

A

Cool

Thanks, I'll let you know how it all turns out. Stiil trying to nail down the correct needles and jets. Going to go with a standard r250 set up, first.

A

lookin

for a bigger carb. like 34 mm. what can i get one off of? don't really want to dish out all the money for a new aftermarket one... can i get one that will work with the thumb throttle? i don't get why it would matter.

You can use one from pretty much any 2 stroke bike or quad. 250r, yz 125/250 anything like that. Banshees are 28mm i think, so their not much of an improvement.

Im not exactly sure about this boot you need, but Trenga racing sells a $30 carb spacer to go with their 34mm carbs they sell. Sounds like the most cost effective part so far...

Im not exactly sure about this boot you need, but Trenga racing sells a $30 carb spacer to go with their 34mm carbs they sell. Sounds like the most cost effective part so far...

The spacer moves the carb away from the cylinder it doesn't help with the mounting of the carb. This carb requires a larger boot to let it accept it to mount to the cylinder.

Good luck dealing with Trenga.

you can buy a 34mm boot on e-bay or through local shop i know that
pro desighn makes one, and are listed on e-bay to switch cables with aftermarket carb. i had to jump some hoops but terry cable will costom make you whatever you want black rubber or SS, tell them your carb. and your make and model.