30mm pwk,100w stator,oil block off,etc etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
That picture honestly doesnt look like a genuine Keihin. They all say Keihin on them. Yours looks like a knockoff with a PWK embossment on it. In fact Ive read about YSN knockoff carbs. Theyre like OKOs (another company that makes knockoff Keihins)

If yours is a Keihin, it will say Keihin right on the area where the slide is. Like this:

carb.jpg

And Im only saying this to help you DS. Your carb being a knockoff isnt going to fetch the same price as a genuine Keihin.

That picture honestly doesnt look like a genuine Keihin. They all say Keihin on them. Yours looks like a knockoff with a PWK embossment on it. In fact Ive read about YSN knockoff carbs. Theyre like OKOs (another company that makes knockoff Keihins)

If yours is a Keihin, it will say Keihin right on the area where the slide is. Like this:

carb.jpg

And Im only saying this to help you DS. Your carb being a knockoff isnt going to fetch the same price as a genuine Keihin.

Didn't know they could rebrand them that way.I will look into it.Thanks

Didn't know they could rebrand them that way.I will look into it.Thanks

Yep Luni is right, there are plenty of rebranded Keihins around now, some even have the embossed "Keihin" on the slide, still not a guarantee of authenticity. To make it easy on this one, I'm almost certain that Keihin never made any 30mm PWK's, if they did make a genuine 30mm I've never seen one. The good knockoffs still run really well. I had one for a while, before using it on I completely disassembled it and filed out all the casting flaws that are more prevalent in cheap castings, couldn't tell any difference after that. The 30mm YSN's are going for about $100 shipped new.

Yep Luni is right, there are plenty of rebranded Keihins around now, some even have the embossed "Keihin" on the slide, still not a guarantee of authenticity. To make it easy on this one, I'm almost certain that Keihin never made any 30mm PWK's, if they did make a genuine 30mm I've never seen one. The good knockoffs still run really well. I had one for a while, before using it on I completely disassembled it and filed out all the casting flaws that are more prevalent in cheap castings, couldn't tell any difference after that. The 30mm YSN's are going for about $100 shipped new.

I did some searching and luni is deffinately right(along with you).It is a ysn rebranded keihin.I could have swore it had keihin on the side but I was being like hellen keller I guess.lol Thanks for the info.

Status
Not open for further replies.