2005 Blaster Rebuild

DMC recommends that the stock needle be at its richest, however I did find that a re chambered head changed that.

My needle is now on the second from bottom clip.

Plug chop the needle at 1/2 to 3/4 throttle, you will have to apply the brakes to make it pull hard.

How do you find the sound of the Alien?

Do you like your Re-chambered head? I'm very seriously considering getting 2 for both of my motors. The Alien sounds awesome, and the power delivery is great also. I'm going to have to order more plugs to chop at 1/2 to 3/4. I do have a nice straight Tram Road at the farm I can do chops on. That's where I did the WOT ones yesterday. Thanks guys!

Fred

Lookin good!I:I And yes I would DEFINATLY recommend a Re-chambered hemi head, Its a pretty big Improvement over the poorly designed, stock configuration head. Very noticable increase in power. I've also heard good things about the torodial style heads too. You can get a hemi head done by ken o conner for about 70 bucks.

The torodial cut head hits hard in the lows.

I found that I had to lift the needle clip one position and decrease the main jet by one.

Today I changed the rear axle bearings, went very smooth, and was so much easier to do than my old 400ex. I've changed every bushing and bearing on this thing, except for the swingarm. I'm probably going to buy a new +3 swinger over the winter, so I'm waiting until then.

I've had it for about 4 months now, and am pleased with the progress I've made.

Im doing some Off season Check ups today. I Compression tested the motor, 135psi. Ran a leakdown test, 8psi 15 minutes. Looked in on reed petals, no chips or cracks. I do have a small drip coming from the bottom of the clutch cover gasket that I found today. Ill order a new one and some more Bell-ray gear saver.

I know I feel alot better after checking all of this. Not much time involved, and It was nice to do something productive on a crappy rainy day.

Fred

Im doing some Off season Check ups today. I Compression tested the motor, 135psi. Ran a leakdown test, 8psi 15 minutes. Looked in on reed petals, no chips or cracks. I do have a small drip coming from the bottom of the clutch cover gasket that I found today. Ill order a new one and some more Bell-ray gear saver.

I know I feel alot better after checking all of this. Not much time involved, and It was nice to do something productive on a crappy rainy day.

Fred

A little maintenance now saves a lot of money later.

New to me works shocks :)

Next month Im ordering +3 +1 a-arms, 400ex shock w/KOR Bushings, and an Extended swinger. My wife went back to work, So I finally have some extra cash for some things I want. February's Project is going to be a .308 Winchester Build. I need a little more power than my 22-250 for my long range gun.

Be careful on the extended swingarm if you plan on doing a lot of motor mods. I wouldn't go over +3. I had a +4 and it did nothing but spin.

I have ran a +2 and a +4. Felt +2 wasn't enough and +4 spun to much. The blastersaurus has a +3 and I think it will be perfect. I am ordering a -1 for my banshee tomorrow, spins to much with stock length.

I plan to get a +2 if i ever get one...

Or just sit on the tank more I:I (flipped it on start and i was squished on the tank cover :D )