2004 I just picked up

is there a groove cut into the axle, on the tire side of the threads, for the spring clip ?
$_3.JPG

that will tell you which lock nut system is required

It sure does have the groove with the spring clip. have to use this one ^^^^^

It sure does have the groove with the spring clip. have to use this one ^^^^^

yes sir,
the inner part pushes out against the spring clip, and when threaded pushes the outer part inward against the hub,
on my g-force it requires no wrench, the force of threading one against the other is strong enuf to over tighten it by hand.

Well before I dropped 70 bucks on a new Durablue posi axle locking nut, I went on there tech page. It turns out if you have too much of the threads exposed after getting the axle snug against the spring clip, they recommend installing a couple large washers on the axle between the sprocket hub and the axle nut. I backed mine off the sprocket hub enough to get a couple washers in there and it will lock now. Now my mission is to find a couple large washers.

http://www.durablue.com/tech_support_0.shtml.htm#4

Well before I dropped 70 bucks on a new Durablue posi axle locking nut, I went on there tech page. It turns out if you have too much of the threads exposed after getting the axle snug against the spring clip, they recommend installing a couple large washers on the axle between the sprocket hub and the axle nut. I backed mine off the sprocket hub enough to get a couple washers in there and it will lock now. Now my mission is to find a couple large washers.

http://www.durablue.com/tech_support_0.shtml.htm#4

Let me check to see if I have any washers that might fit an axle. I'll let you know.

Reactions: bummer981
Just got my shocks back from @jogaca . Can't say enough about the service he provides. Rebuilt the shocks top to bottom. Flushed them, new fluid and presure tested. Changed out the springs to match my weight. Powder coated them to match my quad. He also replaced the PEP decals. Excellent work.

Thanks, Its ready to rip. Hope to get it out this week. Yesterday was able to mount the Nology coil and hot wire. Thanks for the help @DUALSTROKE .

Also took my ghetto one inch bar risers off the other Blasty.

Sweet. Kevin is an awesome guy to do business with. I will never use anybody else for suspension work. That's who does all mine.

Thanks, Its ready to rip. Hope to get it out this week. Yesterday was able to mount the Nology coil and hot wire. Thanks for the help @DUALSTROKE .

Also took my ghetto one inch bar risers off the other Blasty.

Looks great!! Nice work. Looks like you are ready for race fuel and the big bore. :)

Finally got it out and played in the mud. It runs strong. The 240 kit and the LRD exhaust really hook up well. The suspension is supper comfortable and handles great.