2004 I just picked up

bummer981

Powered by Smoke & Mirrors
Mar 1, 2011
Rochester, New York
Early in the week Dirtysquared posted in the good deals thread for this 2004 blaster with lots of goodies. The kid wanted $1500, I talked him down to $1250 on the phone. It was in Ohio about five hours from me. Left about 2:30 in the morning got the quad and back home by 12:30.

It has +3 +1 Laeger A-arms, Pep triple rate shocks with remote rezzies

Lrd pipe

Dura blue axle, 400 ex shock (I believe)

Ims heel gaurds, nerf bars

It has Vforce 3 reeds and a Keihin pwk carb not sure on the size yet

The kid says it has the vitos 240 kit in it not too sure. I know it has the stickers for it. It has the paper base gasket so after the leak test and compression test I will be pulling the jug to swap that out. Then we will know if I have a 200 bored 40 over, which I assume it is. The markings on the jug indicate stock cylinder.

It has Douglas blue label rims. The tires are Kend Klaw Unfortunately only 18’s on the rear

It has AC Racing front bumper, aftermarket bars (not sure what they are)

The kid had all the stock parts that came off of it, like new condition. A-arms, axle, tie rods, heel guards with the plastic parts, exhaust, stock rear rims with balloon tires, stock shocks, front bumper, carrier, brake lines and rear rotor.

He also gave me riding pants, boots and chest protector. Non of which fit my fat @ss, but they may fit my daughter.

Fred thanks again for the heads up. The only thing I am lacking is an extended swinger and after market rear grab bar.

nice score mike !
lots of goodies :)

looks like a pwk 28, as it's squeezed into the stock intake.

blue spring on a 400ex shock ? i've never seen one, sure thats not a peps too ?

i see blue rtv oozing outta that base gasket too :eek:

clean all that stuff up and get some $ back, them boots will bring a couple bucks, and stock unmolested plastic heelgaurds can do $40-50 on ebay

Last edited:
I saw the leager protrax stickers on it. It doesn't look like it has it on there too. Phrangle put one on the Blastersaurus and they cost close to $2,500!

That is an absolute awesome bike! I'm glad it went to somebody that. Will take good care of it. Gongrats bro!

Thanks for all the comments.

@awk It may be Pep on the rear. He said it had Pep all around. The rear doesn't have a remote Rezzy, but does have the Pep color. Will investigate today.

@Wifesblaster That protrax system looks awesome. I don't have it. Just the Laegers +3 +1 A-arms.

@ Herp I am going to jut my motor on it that Ken ported and rechambered the head, he also rebuilt the crank and went through the entire motor (seals and bearings).

If it does have the 240 kit, which I doubt, I will probably sell it. I would also like to put a stock carb on it. Might as well keep all three bikes running the same mikuni carbs.

Looks like you got a great deal brotha. Nice score. Almost looks like a works shock in the rear. Post up better pics of the rear shock. lol

Great looking quad man. You could probably sell the stock parts and make done of your dough back.

Looks like you got a great deal brotha. Nice score. Almost looks like a works shock in the rear. Post up better pics of the rear shock. lol

You got it. Today I did compression test and it had 145 lbs. Got the exhaust off to do leak test but had to stop and watch my granddaughter. Maybe after dinner I will get a look at the piston.

I'm Having a ride too! And you all are invited! Details to come.
I have been tossing around the idea of having a ride this summer as well. I think I will wait till the year after thought. The house will be done and the bikes will be finished.

I am all about doing some traveling this year though.

Little better pics of the rear shock

Please excuse my primitive measuring device, but the quad does indeed have the 240 kit. It also passed a leak down test. Now to figure out what I am going to do with this top end.