2003 Blaster Leaking Brake Fluid Through Cable

Jay_Xga

Nov 17, 2008
I have a 2003 Blaster that is leaking brake fluid out of the parking brake. I know I probably dont even need the parking brake but I am interested in how to stop the leaking on the cable. Is there a kit or can you buy the cable somewhere. Also is this an easy fix? Also if it is easier to just remove the parking brake that would be good for me too don't need it anyways. I would appreciate any guidance to get me going again.

no it has a hole about in the middle of the cable small hole but leaking fluid any suggestions

I think you are saying the hose is leaking, a cable absolutely does not have fluid in it (other than lubricant) If the hose is leaking it needs to be replaced.
A pic would help satisfy any further speculation.

how do i get rid of it properly? do i just disconnect the cable completely? wouldn't that just leave fluid leaking out of the clutch? let me know how to remove it completely

Dude...u gotta specify where the leak is....get us some pics....if its leaking right where u bolt the hose to the calibur then make sure u have two copper waskers...one in between the hose and bolt and one between the hose and calipur...i had this problem and doing that fixed it...if its not that then get us some pics...i dont know bout everyone else but i really dont no what ur talkin about...hope that helps!

get a rear brake shorty kit ( something like that) i hear it makes the back brake better

i dont have pics of it yet.. but its not leaking out of there ..it is like a mouse was eating through the hose or almost like a razor blade cut in the middle of the hose. it runs from the parking brake all the way back to the caliper its not the caliper or nothing like that there is just a hole in the hose

its leaking in the middle of the hose no where near th cluth or the caliper. its almost like a mouse was eating through it or a razor blade cut but yea its just a hole in the middle of the hose

Last edited:
I really don't think you are going to get you problem resolved without some pics.
As far as I know the only thing that runs from the parking brake lever to the caliper is a cable, not a hose, and like I said before cables don't leak.

is there a website i might be able to get one at but yea thats my problem its cut not a big gut just a small hole but yea the cable that runs from the clutch handle all the way to the calpier is the one that has the hole it looks failry easy to replace let me know if you have any good websites for blaster parts

is there a website i might be able to get one at but yea thats my problem its cut not a big gut just a small hole but yea the cable that runs from the clutch handle all the way to the calpier is the one that has the hole it looks failry easy to replace let me know if you have any good websites for blaster parts

replacing your parking brake cable won't fix the leak. like it was stated before, cables don't leak! lines leak! check your rear brake line and see if its leaking and maybe fluid's running onto your parking brake cable.

ok heres the deal i took the whole brake cable off and taped it really good where it was leaking it no longer leaked but i was riding it earlier today and it was leaking somewhere really bad i looked up twards the headlight and it was like a hose with nothing connected to it i think it went back to the carb. i have yet to take off the front but will be doing that soon anybody have. Any idea where this hose connects to??