2 stroke race fuel?

BlasterFreak860

Jul 8, 2012
Hey guys, I cant make my mind up if i wanna switch my blaster from pump gas to race fuel or not..Ive done alot of research on it and VP race fuel seems to be the best out there. Alot of companies tell me i will see different performance out of the quad and its going to overall run differently...they mainly asked how i ride and i said i normally am always 3/4 throttle to full throttle and they said if i ride pretty hard and normally fast then race fuel will be good...if theres anything im missing ask me! im running a vito's 240 big bore kit that has a reworked head, boyesen rad valve and reeds, pj34mm carb and k&n air filter, DMC alien exhaust and some other things..Thanks for the help

If I didn't need the higher octane, I sure wouldn't pay the extra cost for race fuel. I may be wrong but race fuel won't improve performance. What's your compression?

yep, to put it simply.....your compression is the deciding factor if higher octane fuels are required, run the lowest octane that doesn't produce detonation.
the general rule of thumb seems to be anything up to 165 psi can get away with premium 92/93 octane, 165-185 psi could use a 50/50 mix of 93/110, and anything over 185 should be fed a regular diet of 110+ race fuel

tell ya the truth im not really sure on the compression..VP makes about 5 different kinds of race fuels just for 2 strokes so i could kinda narrow it down to one that really works. I mainly wanna get of pump gas because my quad really does not like it..a buddy told me i should try super 97 gas with a bottle of octane boost and see if that works first

check that compression and get back to us
what do you mean "it doesn't like pump gas" ???
is it causing detonation ? can you hear it ?
maybe pull the plug, and or head to look for signs ?