2 Questions

hoyt08

Aug 28, 2009
Central, WI
How many of you ride all the time with your air box cover off? Also what kind of riding do you do when you do this? And my second question is what kind of plugs do you use? I just bought an NGK Iridium and i like it alot so far. Thanks in advance, Ben

I ride without my airbox lid and i ride mostly dirt/grass with a little sand here and there. I dont reccommend riding in the mud or water without your airbox lid. As far as spark plugs, im running the stock NGK BR8ES.

i ride with mine off but i have an outerwears over it so it filters the air as well as the air filter. i ride in Richmond, VA so its pretty dusty couple mud spots and puddles here and there. and i used the BR8ES ^^^

no airbox cover, just keep the filter oiled and clean/change it often depending on ridign conditions. If you're playing in lots of watery mud, then you might think about the cover with just holes....going through actual deep water is another thing though! If you have to go through deep water with your blaster, which I would recommend not doing anyways, then you may want to have the cover and a snorkel....but blasters aren't for deep water!

I don't even have an air box any more, got a pod right on the carb with an outer wear prefilter on it, keeps the sand out!
Iridium plugs are a waste of money, get several of them that are fouled out! saw absolutely NO! gain in anything using them and at 6X the price all they will do for you is lighten your wallet!

I run with no air box lid, KN filter w/ outerwear. Probably a bad idea, but I was going through a stream deeper than in your sig last week and had no problems. Pulled the seat off after crossing and it was still dry. I also run the NGK Iridium plugs.

i run no airbox at all, i have a k&N airfilter right off the back of the carb, but im switching out the k&N soon its too much of a hassle gets clogged easy but i run a sock filter over it too, but i run the NGK BR8es plugs cheap and they work

i have no airbox lid with k&n and outterwares on the filter and an outterwares custom airbox lid.i ride sand,dirt,dusty,water,mud.i have only got water in my airbox one time but just tilted it back and drained the airbox and carb and started back up.i ngk b8es

i cut a big square in my air box lid and rivetted some foam filter..its works well and keeps my k&n clean

Attachments

• IMAG0040.jpg
    IMAG0040.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 88