• An 01 RM250

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • An 01 YZ125

Votes: 5 50.0%

• Total voters

Racer51

May 19, 2011
Northwest Ohio
hi guys im savin up for a 2 stroke 125 dirtbike which is controlable. Or a 250 2stroke is a luxury if i can get it on the cheap for like $1200 or less. what is better for long straight away trails and fairly tight track? What will hold a value longer and so on. Im leaning tward an 2001 RM 250 that will need a fender color change and a run through or an 01 YZ125 for 1000obo. Which would you guys pick here's the links for both a poll will put up and your votes and advice would be pretty helpfull thanks guys.

2001 yz125 fresh rebuild! MUST SEE!!
2001 RM 250 $1000

I would go with the rm. This is because I'm 6' 225lbs. That 125 is clean, but the rm might clean up just as nice.

That yz looks pretty nice and clean. Are you looking for a 250 or a 125? How experienced are you?

which ever I can find a deal on. ive got arround 7 years under my belt i rode a 250X for my begginer, a warrior 350 modded that was a rush for a good while a yz250 sleaper that beat my ass on a constant basis as a 17yr old giving my kick start leg black and blue bruises on a missed kick every so often a kx125 that was modded and felt sluggish. and now my modestly modded blaster that is pretty decent. thats what ive ridden in that order whats your opinion jus me??

Well the yz is very clean looking and by looks of it,it was well taken care of. The rm is nice aswell and would clean up nice. All looks aside and going by your size and experience I'd say the 250. I always have trouble deciding on things so i ask the owners tons of questions before i buy. So many times i have just been so excited on getting something new i forget to ask some basic questions.. First and foremost paper work,Title/reg, and since you have experience in the past with 2 strokes you know what questions to ask. The best thing to do if you can is take both for a ride and see what fits you best and what your looking for. Only "you" really know that answer.. I like the yz but you may get bored with it sooner than later and down the road be looking for a 250.. You don't want to get the yz and end up beating on it just because you can.

Get both!!
getsmiley.php

I would go with 125 though

I can't vote on these two. I think you should be riding a 250 but that yz looks so nice I'm almost wanting to buy it.

thats not a 01 rm250. i had one. thats something older. it should look something like this
it probably is a 01 the only thing i see different is the front fender. but it also looks like a fender from a diff. bike so that could be y. but it doesnt really matter that much about the year (does and it doesnt) because 85s,125s,250s,and450s havent really changed over the past 10 or so years. but a newer one will probably be in better conditio. i vote yz125 cause the condition. even if it is a little slow it will still be better than no dirt bike

Get yourself a 250. The suzukis and kawasakis are cheaper where I live but I prefer the CR and Yz in that order. Maybe look in to a RMX or a KDX if you are riding mostly trails.

it probably is a 01 the only thing i see different is the front fender. but it also looks like a fender from a diff. bike so that could be y. but it doesnt really matter that much about the year (does and it doesnt) because 85s,125s,250s,and450s havent really changed over the past 10 or so years. but a newer one will probably be in better conditio. i vote yz125 cause the condition. even if it is a little slow it will still be better than no dirt bike

It's got different shrouds, the tank is different from a stock 01+ rm250 tank bike looks like a mid-late 90's model. I'd stay away from it if I were you that yz looks way better shape

i figured out what year it really is by looking at plastic options its a 99-2000 i think yea i fiugured like $4-5 to change the color of the fender and use my pressure washer to clean it if it's still dirty on the off chance. id most likely feel better on a 125 but everyone wants 13-1400+ for a mostly stock one but my kx125 had boyesen PSR reeds fmf fatty and shorty and all that stuff short of having it ported. I mean the power was there but it hardly ever excited me (shrug) ill probably at least look at the rm first and if it's dirty as hell ill offer him $900 :) and whatever i end up doing ill post pics of my goofy smile.... also are there any visible issues to look for with eather of these models of bikes.