input needed....

yzrider

Apr 12, 2009
northwest Indiana
okay, so i'm lookin to sell or trade the blasty for a dirtbike, lookin at yz250's, yz125's and yz250f's, heres the thing before you all shoot me down for lookin at 4 strokes, i am a fairly new rider, but i am also easily bored, learn really quad and am about 6'2 and fit a 250 very nicely ( sat on one today) i'm rlly leaning toward the 250f since a yz250 smoker might be a little too much for me, and a 125 is gonna be much worse than the 250 i the trails, whats ur guys' input on this?

also, i am factoring in all the 4 stroke maintenence, including valve adjustments, oil changes, and sh*t like that, i rlly wanna just get a fun, easy to ride bike that won't leave me stranded.... and can also hold its own on the track and trails

If your going with a 4 stroke bike, get the largest cc one you can. It may seem really fast at first but it may seem slow after you get used to the bike.

well, been doing alot of digging, gonna stay away from a 250f, seems very unreliable, and seems like its gonna need a sh*t ton of maintenance, prolly gonna get a 250 or 200 2 stroke, i rlly wanna get a ktm 200 exc, if not then it'll be a yz250

well, been doing alot of digging, gonna stay away from a 250f, seems very unreliable, and seems like its gonna need a sh*t ton of maintenance, prolly gonna get a 250 or 200 2 stroke, i rlly wanna get a ktm 200 exc, if not then it'll be a yz250

I was tempted to do the same thing and trade for the same thing as i am 6 foot and weight 180 and gaining but after looking around it really wouldn't be worth it blaster mods are endless brother get some 400ex shocks on there and you'll be good just my 2 cent

I was tempted to do the same thing and trade for the same thing as i am 6 foot and weight 180 and gaining but after looking around it really wouldn't be worth it blaster mods are endless brother get some 400ex shocks on there and you'll be good just my 2 cent

its not only the blaster's size, but i want a bike, i live near a fmx track, haha, i'v been told by many people that i'll be fine on a yz250 if i go slow to start, and other people have told me it'll be too much, i am very easily bored with power and pick up on things really quick, i loved the dirtbikes i'v ridden.

A yz 250 is a lot of bike. I love it :) You'll be fine as long as you respect it. Just know if you roll that throttle to fast it's going to kick your azz.
Troy
freshyz250002.jpg

A yz 250 is a lot of bike. I love it :) You'll be fine as long as you respect it.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

if you ride more trails than mx and want something tamer maybe consider a newer kdx200.. they are great trail bikes.

Stick to Yamaha. If you mostly ride trails go with a yz250 and just take it easy until you get used to the bike.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

if you ride more trails than mx and want something tamer maybe consider a newer kdx200.. they are great trail bikes.

i have been looking into kdx's, a kdx 220 or a ktm 200 exc are on the top of my list right now, also still lookin at yz's, but i am more interested in enduro trail bikes that have lights for the night time, haha

i have been looking into kdx's, a kdx 220 or a ktm 200 exc are on the top of my list right now, also still lookin at yz's, but i am more interested in enduro trail bikes that have lights for the night time, haha

the lights will be nice for trails. also they have the power and torque tuned better for trail riding than the mx bikes. ktm's hydro clutches are sweet!

Go with a Suzuki RMZ250. They are bulletproof and extremely fun. I rode one a few weeks ago and it was awesome. It snapped right when you wanted it to but the power was as smooth as possible. The power just rolls on as you twist. But if you want to get wild, snap that twist back and hold on tight because it will put you on your ass.

Go with a Suzuki RMZ250. They are bulletproof and extremely fun. I rode one a few weeks ago and it was awesome. It snapped right when you wanted it to but the power was as smooth as possible. The power just rolls on as you twist. But if you want to get wild, snap that twist back and hold on tight because it will put you on your ass.

i'm not gettin a 250 four stroke, they can be pretty reliable, but they can also be money eating sluts if the previous owner f'd something up, i would rather be safe

maybe he meant rmx250.... they are a nice 250 2 stroke trail bike also. they have headlights as well.

My buddy had a 2008 RMZ250 bone stock that he races in motocross. He is the local Ricky Carmichael lol. He races A-Class 250 and redlines it over EVERY jump, dumps the clutch hard, and just routinely beats the ever-loving sh*taque out if it every weekend. Nothing has gone on it besides fork seals, tires, and a rear wheel bearing. The motor is in 100% condition. Every gasket is the factory gasket and it has never even been touched. I love it. Wouldn't even hesitate to buy one. And if the previous owner beat it, it is easy to tell. I mean hell, Chuck Norris couldn't kill one.

My buddy had a 2008 RMZ250 bone stock that he races in motocross. He is the local Ricky Carmichael lol. He races A-Class 250 and redlines it over EVERY jump, dumps the clutch hard, and just routinely beats the ever-loving sh*taque out if it every weekend. Nothing has gone on it besides fork seals, tires, and a rear wheel bearing. The motor is in 100% condition. Every gasket is the factory gasket and it has never even been touched. I love it. Wouldn't even hesitate to buy one. And if the previous owner beat it, it is easy to tell. I mean hell, Chuck Norris couldn't kill one.

i'm gonna stay 2 stoke

I have a cr250 that is in pieces. My brother bought it, tore it apart, replaced everything he could with aftermarket parts, almost got it back together but left for college and now it is just sitting there. I don't know if I want to take the time to put it back together. I am 5'10 and 125 pounds, if I ride that thing it will probably end up being the death of me!