Convince My Girlfriend to Let Me Buy Another Blaster?

DKavcak

Nov 6, 2019
Blakeslee, PA
So my buddy Dillon and I swapped frames so he could have one that's titled without going through a bunch of legal BS.

I'm getting his frame, which the previous owner lost the title for, but wouldn't apply for a new one.
Now, New Jersey is easy to get a title for if you can prove ownership, this guy was just lazy.

Anyways, the frame already has the strengthening rods in the back half that inserted into the frame because Dillon loves 12 o'clocking Blasters.

Well, it's going to be a bare frame and built with whatever spare parts I have at no cost to me.

I'd like some engine suggestions for it. Not a DT200 or a stock engine, but something that would make it a real hoot in the woods. Preferably anything air-cooled.

I was thinking late 70's, early 80's YZ250 since they are air-cooled, but I am open to other suggestions.

Oh yeah, one more thing...I have to convince the old lady to let me pursue this...

So my buddy Dillon and I swapped frames so he could have one that's titled without going through a bunch of legal BS.

I'm getting his frame, which the previous owner lost the title for, but wouldn't apply for a new one.
Now, New Jersey is easy to get a title for if you can prove ownership, this guy was just lazy.

Anyways, the frame already has the strengthening rods in the back half that inserted into the frame because Dillon loves 12 o'clocking Blasters.

Well, it's going to be a bare frame and built with whatever spare parts I have at no cost to me.

I'd like some engine suggestions for it. Not a DT200 or a stock engine, but something that would make it a real hoot in the woods. Preferably anything air-cooled.

I was thinking late 70's, early 80's YZ250 since they are air-cooled, but I am open to other suggestions.

Oh yeah, one more thing...I have to convince the old lady to let me pursue this...
Buy her some flowers and ask nicely:p

Buy her some flowers and ask nicely:p
Well...that was easy. I just asked and she said "Ok baby."

Well...let's hear some engine suggestions.
I'm thinking Suzuki DR350. Torquey, reliable, abundant, cheap, and most importantly...air-cooled. No extra plumbing here.

Well...that was easy. I just asked and she said "Ok baby."

Well...let's hear some engine suggestions.
I'm thinking Suzuki DR350. Torquey, reliable, abundant, cheap, and most importantly...air-cooled. No extra plumbing here.
Sounds like my ol lady. She rides on the street and dirt so she's cool with it. Except when i have to many and space gets tight. Then you get the look. Which one you going to sell

1b2e07530829330fd4fdfdea38951c7c-jpg.238864

Easy to modify. It's a 4-Stroke.

A 4poke? Son your on the wrong forum:eek:
Just kidding.engine might be to tall? If yo
Oh believe me, I'd love an IT490 engine, but I'd feel guilty gutting one. They're really hard to come by and there's just something about that baby blue and yellow bike that I like...

But I had a DRZ400 a few years ago and loved that engine. Well, the 400 engine """""roughly""""" similar to the 350 engine. Apparently the power delivery is quite similar in the fact that they are very grunty and linear.

I can attest the DRZ400 is definitely that. Linear power would have been great with my old Blaster (RIP).