13/40 to a 14/40 .

Nativeer3

Sep 8, 2009
Stock Blaster and changed the front sprocket to a 14 tooth l. Now I know i was going to loose some low end , but didn't know that i would loose that much ? I live in South West Va where the Terrain is rough and a lot of steep hills, but also a lot of fields to open it up
My question is I'm looking to buy me a Toomey pipe kit , but will this help me pick up some more torque with the 14/40 gearing ? Thanks

Is your blaster stock ?
I guess my question is with the toomey kit will i have more power in my upper gears .

13/40, 14/40..... Whatever it takes!
www_MyEmoticons_com__fishing.gif

I have a new rebuilt 2008 stock 198cc motor w/ 13 front and 42 rear sprocket. Live in Dinwiddie,Va. Ride power lines, corp of engineers property on river. Lots of rough hills and trails but a few straight ones also, (I can't wind out all the way through 5th. Plenty of speed and power. Pro circuit pipe and silencer w/390 main jet in stock carb w/o all the bull. Main straight away about 1/8 mile tops.2002 blaster.

I am thinking about getting a 14 front since it is so easy to change, and see how much difference it will make in my lower end with the 42 tooth rear. I have noticed lately since weather changed I get high rpm's quick! Let everybody know.

I went from 21" with 12/40 to 18"s with 14/40, I am way happier now with my set up then before. The gears are longer but it still gets off the line pretty quick.

Gearing will mostly depend on your tire size, riding, and if your bike has the balls to pull it.
Maybe try a 13 front with a 38 rear.... then again you may want to wait until you got your pipe.