10.5 inches of rear travel

StrokedTater244

DriveDeterminationDesire
Mar 28, 2008
PA
i just go done fabricating a new mount for a 400ex rear shock on a blaster swingarm. this keeps the bike at the stock ride height and gives 10.5+ inches of rear wheel travel. it may be around 11 inches but thats all the farther i could get it compressed and still be to read the measuring tape... heres some pics.

400ex3.jpg

400ex.jpg

400ex2.jpg

big thanks to AWK!!! he hooked me up with a stock swinger and a works 400ex shock last night so i could make this happen.. dont worry joe i had the entire shock covered just like you see the res. when i was tacking things in place.

cool stuff man!!!!

are you going to build your extended swingers this way as an option? that would be awesome!

cool stuff man!!!!

are you going to build your extended swingers this way as an option? that would be awesome!

thanks!! and yes... obviously the cost will go up.. but these will be way stronger than stock.. there are going to be gussets and reinforcements everywhere the stockers crack. price will still be lower than good aftermarket swingarms. plus over 10 inches of travel will be a little bonus.

that awsome matt, you a fabricatin fool !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thats almost double the travel for a 400ex shock and stock swinger !!!!!
you're definately on to a good seller here

i have like 12 on my sons, but thats with a +4 swinger and a longer travel 250r shock

damn that shock is sexy !!!!! thanx for coverin up my baby.

that awsome matt, you a fabricatin fool !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thats almost double the travel for a 400ex shock and stock swinger !!!!!
you're definately on to a good seller here

i have like 12 on my sons, but thats with a +4 swinger and a longer travel 250r shock

thanx for coverin up my baby too !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hell joe..a big plus with this also is keeping the stock ride height... i know with a +3 +4 and a 400 shock it probably starts getting a little too high for more aggressive track ridiers.

oh and your welcome man..i tend to treat other peoples property as good or better than my own..just how i was raised.

and stronger than them junkass, dangerous, swingarm shop ones

just ask freek, he just broke one, and he doesnt even ride hard, baaaaaahahahahaaaaa
(wait till he see's that !!!!!)

Wonderin how ya got the lower shock bolt in? Always seemed like the sweet spot for a long travel bottom mount was right along the bottom edge of the side rail which is why peeps don't just move the mount. Is your bolt actually below the sides of the arm?

BTW: Nice to see someone giving folks this option!