01 blaster buy

It is an absolute must to split the cases and flush/replace the bearings.

Failure to do so can cost many dollars, maybe even a life if it locks up at an inappropriate moment.

It is an absolute must to split the cases and flush/replace the bearings.

Failure to do so can cost many dollars, maybe even a life if it locks up at an inappropriate moment.

How much would new bearings and seals cost? And do you know of any how to's

ok so I have an update, and some more questions :) But first I'd like to thank you all for the awesome help I really appreciate it! I:I
So I have the case split and most of the seals out, the bearings check out and look good. I'm having trouble getting the crank out of one side, is this normal? :-/ Also can I clean all the internal parts, and case with gas? Now to a question I'm kinda dreading the answer to. :( The crank was always hard to turn, I thought that it was from the pieces of piston down in it. When I split the cases and got the metal out (nothing big) the main part of the crank going through the case and bearings spin great, the rod doesn't it is very tight. Absolutely no play in it. I have a feeling that I'll need a new crank, please tell me it's not so. :-[ The side of the crank has some scores on it will that matter?

To recap: 1. Crank stuck in one side 2. Rod not moving smoothly 3. scores on side of crank 4. replacement case bolts (please no phillips head they strip like mad)
Im sure I'll have many more questions for y'all

Thanks everyone,
Tin B)

Buy a vitos 3mm stroker crank. It's 160 bucks.

Yeah just looking at how much is involved in replacing that bearing, looks complicated. Can someone explain what the 3mm stroker means and does please, and is Vito's a good brand? And how about those case bolts?

Thanks,
Tin

the stroker crank gives your piston a longer range of movement which gives you more displacement

Ok thanks, I'm looking at the Vito's 3mm because it seems to be the cheapest replacement crank all around. Also it doesn't require any machine work. Is this correct or is there a better one?

Yeah just looking at how much is involved in replacing that bearing, looks complicated. Can someone explain what the 3mm stroker means and does please, and is Vito's a good brand? And how about those case bolts?

Thanks,
Tin

the best crank available is the one you have, just get it rebuilt....
Crankshaft rebuilds

allen head case & cover bolts, case bolts not pictured but available (call ken)
OEM Yamaha Blaster Parts

Ok guys, got my blaster running. I'd like to think all you guys for the help and the information. Couldn't have done it with out you all. Still working on tuning it, but I have one question, is the dmc alien exhaust supposed to be that loud!!! Oh my stars it's insane!!!

Congrats on getting it running. My DMC is loud, but nothing too obnoxious. What carb and jets are you running? I dropped the clip one slot on the needle as per Blaaster's advise , and that pipe rips!!

Fred

Congrats on getting it running. My DMC is loud, but nothing too obnoxious. What carb and jets are you running? I dropped the clip one slot on the needle as per Blaaster's advise , and that pipe rips!!

Fred

Ok I'm not sure what size it is, couldn't figure out how to tell. I did drop the needle down one in hopes of fixing the sluggish low end. I also tweaked the float, it kept leaking gas out the over flow. But that thing is louder than a shee at WOT. Makes my ears ring and I'm sure the neighbors will hate me :p

If the muffler has not been repacked for a while it will be loud.

If the old packing is full of carbon and/or saturated with oil, the noise will not be absorbed.

Re packing it may just bring the noise down to an acceptable level.