yamaha dt200r water empellor/pump prob!!!????any1??

Also check that the mating surfaces are fllat, also perform a leak down aand compression test. The dt is non power valve unlike the wr "i think".. Also i mean the rad could have a blockage in it. pull the cover and see what you got.. also are you torquing to proper spec ,studs could be streched.

sorry m8 ya lost me, mating surfaces are flat= do ya have the head/barrol platformed??hasbeen done by a pro.tht wat u mean???? dt has a power valve ,or in my case had a power vale. was told by the mech who bored it out(he was actual res 1 for his son) said they dont work half the time anyway, th valve is in my case is i guess you'd say is still in there,the valve its self tht is, has been diabled( its not a prob)
its been fixed so its open all the time, wich the mech also said not a prob...
anywhoo Whats a leak down???? sorry m8 am a newb , lol...also compresion test what?? the radiator?? or the cylinder head??? dont rekon there's a blokage in the radiator,as it worked before and i aint done anythin too it since,no more dings thn it had,lol..i had thousand of km's on it or in your case mile's,lol.
it was the 1st thing i thought of thou... and i hosed th hell out of it and all h2o pipes n the jacket to
ummm no had never herd of a torque rench till yesty, lol. and have now got 1...yay
will post results, thank jus_me & blaaster, love ya work... cheers ;-)

Also check that the mating surfaces are fllat, also perform a leak down aand compression test. The dt is non power valve unlike the wr "i think".. Also i mean the rad could have a blockage in it. pull the cover and see what you got.. also are you torquing to proper spec ,studs could be streched.

sorry m8 ya lost me, mating surfaces are flat= do ya have the head/barrol platformed??hasbeen done by a pro.tht wat u mean???? dt has a power valve ,or in my case had a power vale. was told by the mech who bored it out(he was actual res 1 for his son) said they dont work half the time anyway, th valve is in my case is i guess you'd say is still in there,the valve its self tht is, has been diabled( its not a prob)
its been fixed so its open all the time, wich the mech also said not a prob...
anywhoo Whats a leak down???? sorry m8 am a newb , lol...also compresion test what?? the radiator?? or the cylinder head??? dont rekon there's a blokage in the radiator,as it worked before and i aint done anythin too it since,no more dings thn it had,lol..i had thousand of km's on it or in your case mile's,lol.
it was the 1st thing i thought of thou... and i hosed th hell out of it and all h2o pipes n the jacket to
ummm no had never herd of a torque rench till yesty, lol. and have now got 1...yay
will post results, thank jus_me & blaaster, love ya work... cheers ;-)

I think they have test strips at auto parts for testing for combustion byproducts in coolant.
impellor is plastic, which willbreakdown/degrade over time. Pull the pump cover and inspect it. Mightnot be bad idea to just replace impellor, seal, and drive gear.

cheers larry's shee, it might be the water pump .... cause when the bike sh*te its self had to dif bike mech say they'd never seen rings burnt out like tht, So she got pretty hot the last ride,so if its made from plastic could be the issue....cheers bud.

cheers fellas, all sorted wasnt tight enough , did it proply with the tourque wrench this time wasnt even at 5lb....spec's say it should be at 17lb/23nm...happy days

you should get your power valve working. i know it requires a battery to operate. if the valve is allowed to stay closed, your going to loose all your top end performance.

you should get your power valve working. i know it requires a battery to operate. if the valve is allowed to stay closed, your going to loose all your top end performance.

yeah bansheedave, kinka stripped out the elec/bat down to the barest of esentials..she nodual purpose bike no more just a dirt bangga have the vale 3/4 open