why am i getting beat

92blaster

Jan 18, 2009
Red Wing, MN
ok my friend has a completly stock blaster and he keeps beating me here is wat i have for mods .75 wiseco piston ,hot rods crank,uni filter,full toomeys,brand new 20in itp tires and rims,boysen reeds,ebc clutch,renthal sprockets,DID chain, it got alittle closer when i put the toomeys on last week i have mine perfectly jetted and mine wieghts 10lbs less with everything i took off ill take him so easy off the line and about mid he will pass me and get about 4 quad lenths and then top end ill get about 2 behind him. we even traded quads and its the same results everytime its getting anoying since he hasent put a dime into his. we race on the road so its good traction. i need some help because im baffled and so is my friend and all my local dealers are to. shouldnt i be ahead of him.

we wieght the same 130 and we both have stock gearing, but i walked all over him at race tracks last year before my blaster blew up, but I just finished my rebuild on the motor and blaster last month just finished breaking it in about 3 weeks ago. a little backround on his blaster HE bought his brand new in 2006 since then he has never done any mantanice on his like change oil or clean the filter his filter is pure brown idk how the motor breaths and rides it like he is gonna destroy it, he actully wants to blow his up, his clutch slips like no 2marro and his motor just makes terrible noise when he rides it. so idk why im not beating him

Last edited:
I think you need to increase your gearing. You have smaller than stock tires therefore you need to increase the size of your drive sprocket to maybe a 14 tooth.

I would say if the gearing is the same,your buddy's tire is bigger.A 21 vs A 20 could bring 3-4 mph faster top end

stock top speed is 58.27 @8000rpm with 22" tires
with 20" top speed is 53.01@8000rpm & 69.58@10500
with 40\14 it is 57.09@8000rpm & 74.93 @10500
call kennedy_power and dont get beat again Flickr: Image

Last edited by a moderator:
how much bottom end will i lose if i bought a 14 tooth front? should i buy a rear sprocket to go with it? and if so how many teeth?

14/40 with 20's should be a good spectrum to run.you don't want to sacrifice bottom end if you ride pits or quarry's

ya true i do how long roughfly of a drag would it take to beat him with the new gearing i have a good 1/4 mile of open straight road

I'd say if you got him by the top of fourth you should get him.How far does it take to get there??How quick can you get there?? I think that depends on you and your bike.

when you say that now when we raced one time i was in 4th and had him then when i was topped out going down the road in 6th and he still had another gear to go so we should be about even with the sprocket