Truck Leveling

if you don't off-road hard those shock extenders will work, but of ya want to beat the crap out of it just do the springs will be the best and safest way. You should have your alignment checked to that can throw the camber off sometimes!

i run 2.5" spacers on my f250, they fit underneath the coil springs. 2.5 was the limit on mine before i had to start swapping out the pitman arm and getting steering components and shocks.

this is pretty much what i have

2" 83-96 Ford Ranger 4x4 Daystar Leveling Kit | eBay

yes, and yes, /\
but we're talkin 'bout a 2wd ranger xlt/ext. cab,
and those coil leveler's/shock extenders above say .........
"do not fit xlt/ext cab models" ????

Last edited by a moderator:
awk those were the first ones i came across on ebay to reference what i have, im not to familiar with the ranger so im not even sure they make those for the 2wd but if they do that would be what i would run before i got anything else. all you need is a floor jack and some basic hand tools and it can be done in a bout 30-45 minutes.

gotta be really specific when you're surfin ebay for parts, mines a 4L V6, auto, 1996, XLT, ext cab, 2wd. its difficult to find anything for that exact truck. there is tons of spacers that look the exact same but are sold under a different name on ebay.

i too posted those same coil spacers and shock extenders, but in aluminum coil spacers, as i remember reading on FRF.com that for the extra $10, the aluminum was the way to go
but deleted the post when i read down the bottom "not for xlt or ext. cab" ???

so, it takes actual springs to level that model ???

I was talking to my friend that is a nut for fords and he said that the tires wouldn't sit right on the ground if I used spacers because the front suspension on my truck isn't independent. I was considering F150 springs but that might bring the same result and they are a lot to install.

thanks for the research you guys did, just going through it atm

I was talking to my friend that is a nut for fords and he said that the tires wouldn't sit right on the ground if I used spacers because the front suspension on my truck isn't independent. I was considering F150 springs but that might bring the same result and they are a lot to install.

thanks for the research you guys did, just going through it atm

any lift, or leveling, on the front end is definately gonna require an aligment to at least check/bring the wheel camber back to the correct setting

Its on rough countrys website that even with a leveling of 2" or less you might not be able to get correct alignment if its already at it limit. youd have to go with a 4+" lift.

I have the springs i mentioned bove. theyll be going in to my brothers ranger when i see it next. his is a '90 2wd xlt supercab w/ 4.0. I already have 4x4 rear leaf springs in it.. so its raked hard. i doubte the 1.5"+ lift coils will match the rear. but ill keep you posted.