First full Rebuild

Looks really good James. I really like the white fenders and the Tank cover.

Are those Raptor or Yfz Heel guards? I can't tell from the pic, but they look great!

Thanks! I believe they are raptor ones. I did buy a new all black seat cover to try and minimize the red on the bike.

Some how I missed your last update. Looking nice dude.
Slacker......

BTW!! Super disappointed in the swingarm shops "powder coating" HOLY CRAP ITS TERRIBLE! When I put on the chain tensioners it PEELED OFF. It felt like the plastic that covers brand new DVDs. Its flimsy as crap.

Slacker......

BTW!! Super disappointed in the swingarm shops "powder coating" HOLY CRAP ITS TERRIBLE! When I put on the chain tensioners it PEELED OFF. It felt like the plastic that covers brand new DVDs. Its flimsy as crap.

That sucks about the powder coat dude. I got mine not powder coated from them so I can get it done with my frame and other parts. You emailed them about it?

Alighty peoples. I would say the blaster is about 98% done. My big trip is coming up this week so I had to finish it this past weekend. So here are my final pics of the bike. I installed the 6 pack rack, front bumper, hand guards, bar risers, Outlaws EZ Pull clutch, new seat fabric and wired up the LED light.

After taking it on a test ride the front shocks have this terrible rattle to them. After looking there are like metal spacers I would call them? They are just free floating. I'm guessing they may act like a bump stop? Does anyone have any idea as to what these would be for?

Luckily I live near a Summit Racing and they have a really decent ATV parts section. Better parts selection than any local dealer... Which is crazy. So the other day I picked up bar risers, ez pull clutch and hand guards. I bought a aluminum gas cap but for some reason The blaster tank has a huge opening and the cap didn't fit so I had to return it.

The clutch lever I got was THIS, and seems to be great quality! The other lever I had to really pull to get the clutch in, this one feels like its a 1/2 finger pull. I was going to buy it on eBay then saw it shipped from the town I live in, so went and picked it up! The only thing that I am hesitant on is on the other lever, the adjustment screw was all the way in. When I installed this EZ pull, when the adjustment was all the way in, it didnt seem like it pulled the cable very far, so I had to unscrew it about half way to get it to pull a decent amount. But I will keep an eye on that for sure.

Today I went to best buy to pick up a new GoPro battery and some mounts, and to my surprise they happened to release the new GoPro Hero 5 Black edition TODAY... So I might have impulse bought the new GoPro lol. What can I say, the lady that helped me was hot and talked me into it!

I also gotta talk about this trip I am heading to this week. Wednesday me and about 8 friends are driving down to a small town called Gilbert, WV. Super small town, not even a traffic light lol. They host an event called "trailfest" and I would say close to 4/500 atv/dirt bike/side by side riders swarm to this town to ride the Hatfield McCoy trails. If you dont know, the Hatfield McCoy trail systems basically cover the state of WV, think there are close to 10 total trail systems with miles upon miles of trails. We have been going for about 6/7 years now and I plan to go until they stop hosting it lol. It is a great time. HERE is a link to the Hatfield McCoy trail systems, Gilbert hosts the trail system called Rock House. HERE is the event page for trailsfest.

Whats crazy this year is they have actually connected 2 huge trails together. Rock House and Buffalo Mountain, which is partly in Kentucky, can now be ridden together. We plan on making the trip from one to the other at some point this weekend.

http://trailsheaven.com/HatfieldAnd...,-BM-with-MapBack-Online-Version.pdf?ext=.pdf

Check out the trail maps ^^^^^^

Blaster looks good James. I'm not going to be able to get off work this week and make it down to trail fest. Hopefully next year I'll be able to get off. I

Well my first ride out lasted all of about 20 min......

When putting on the +3 ASR arms with heims, make sure that the bolts going into them are lock tighted. Front right bottoms joints bolt just fell out!! Luckily we found the bolt and spacer.

SECOND! When installing the VF4 reed cage , make sure you cut off the little rubber part on the intake boot that used to go inside the old cage or this will happen...

http://s921.photobucket.com/user/jbuck07/media/61D47183-A7F0-4F42-A715-CE54E6705D43.jpg.html]

Idle started hanging, motor got real sluggish. So I stopped, turned around and rode back to camp easy. Had to ride for about 10 min with a massive air leak. Don't think I did any harm, well I hope not.

that sucks james, you do get to find things you missed on the first ride, too bad it's this big ride :(

I don't even know how you got the intake onto VF reeds without cutting off that rubber titty

your transmission vent hose is missing too, better get something on there before dirt or water gets into your tranny/clutch

Clipboard02.jpg

Reactions: taylor pollitt
that sucks james, you do get to find things you missed on the first ride, too bad it's this big ride :(

I don't even know how you got the intake onto VF reeds without cutting off that rubber titty

your transmission vent hose is missing too, better get something on there before dirt or water gets into your tranny/clutch

View attachment 28977

Good eye! Will def pick up a hose today!!

Unfortunately there are no places around that would carry an intake boot. I have a spare at home but who thinks their intake boot is going to rip!!

For the time being, and I know it going to get some sh*t for it but I Threebonded the boot. Took it for a little ride this morning. Seems like it's going to hold!

Well this trail has claimed the victory over the blaster....

Chain popped off about 2 hours in.

Spark plug somehow worked its way loose after that.

Then hit some really rocky trails and break the front motor mount off the bike... She has been retired for the trip and will be riding a back up quad tomorrow.

http://s921.photobucket.com/user/jbuck07/media/F23A730A-5766-4633-84B9-8F7937D69075.jpg.html][/URL]

And I forgot to mention. That before we even got on the trails Thursday morning, my rear shock blew out an oil seal. So gotta call the shock builder to see what the deal is there

Damn! You have had quite the trip.

Use red loctite on the. Bottom bolts for the a-arm. I did and it still backed out and almost killed me 2 years ago.

Did the chain take anything out?

Wow you have a a insane ride. Cursed blaster needs a exorcism. Or Kill the gremlins in it. Go thing is that you are ok and safe.