First full Rebuild

CLOSE! Motor is in, wiring ran sort of. Brake lines ran and bled. While I was working on wiring I got stuck working on the headlight, with the LED conversion. The problem I ran into was a reaalllllyyy dim light... I think after reading on here that I was running the wires wrong. I was grounding everything to the frame instead of taking everything to the battery.

Only thing that still left are headlight, gas tank, chain, airbox and plastics. Then shes ready for heat cycles!

Its just hard for me to work on it since its at my brother house close to 2 hours away. between the GF and this, GF has to get a majority of my time lol

Last edited:
Just seen you replaced the bolts on your engine to allen key ones. Blood nice. I was planning on doing this no my bike. What brand are the brake lines?

Yeah the allen heads are no brainers! Only way you can really torque them down. The lines are speedlines by ASR, they are really nice. I made the front 2 separate lines instead of 1 line down then a splitter to each side.

Reactions: Markblaster
Have a list of things that need to be finished:

Brake Bled
Front suspension tuned in (toe camber all that good stuff)
Chain
Grips
Clutch Cable
Headlights
new seat cover
Front Bumper
Rear Bumper
Plug Chop
Plastics
Steering stem mount

Thats about it, have less than a month to finish it completely.... Oh man lol

Well since my yearly trip to West Virginia's Hatfield McCoy trails is less than a month away, I had to buckle down on this project! So this past weekend, spent a whole day finishing up stuff! Got the motor heat cycled, re torqued. Now I need to plug chop. But here is a vid I took after the heat cycles.

When are you going to Hatfield McCoy? I have a few days I need to take off next month, and a trip down there was on the hit list.

When are you going to Hatfield McCoy? I have a few days I need to take off next month, and a trip down there was on the hit list.

Dude, trailfest is one of the best things in this world!!! Check out their website: http://trailsheaven.com/National-Trail-Fest/Home.aspx

I think we are driving down either Wednesday or Thursday morning. Stay through Sunday Afternoon. We have 4 campsites so there would be plenty of room if you wanted to come down! Trail Fest is 1000x better than powerline. Think about more trails, no drunk idiots, civilized people lol. Is a little more expensive, BUT, you can ride for a year down there after purchasing a trail pass.

There are also demo rides from the manufactures. Polaris, Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki, Can-am bring down all of their new toys for you to take on the trail. Friday and Saturday night they do atv drag racing and Mud Bogs. We have made it the guys annual trip every year, no girls allowed lol.

Last edited:
Had to order a couple last min parts!
New Tusk Front Bumper

New OEM Chain Adjusters ordered from someone in Puerto Rico and got to Ohio faster than something from Oregon!)

New Motion Pro Clutch Cable

Only thing I am waiting on is a six pack rack rear bumper. Bought 2 things from Oregon at the same time, the front bumper showed up wednesday and the rear says it wont show up until middle of next week! At least its easy to just pop it on.

Well shes about 95% done after this past weekend! Only major steps left are Working headlight, front bumper and rear six pack rack. Got a compression tester out to see how of octane fuel I can run. Topped out just under 165PSI. Looks like I should be able to run 93 in it, which is awesome! I wasnt sure how I was going to like the white plastics, but doesnt look too bad after getting them put on.

Checklist my brother made for me

the back... Aparently I have a tendency to have things fall off 3 hours into a trail ride.....