First full Rebuild

jbuckster07

Mar 20, 2011
Akron, Ohio
Might as well start this build thread as I am staring to purchase parts. Little background on this bike:

This was my very first 4 wheeler, and its been a crazy journey with it. Bought it in 09 with money borrowed from a friend. Had it up until few years ago when I was broke and needed rent money, we have all been there right? Well sold it to a friend of my brothers who is a "mechanic". Tried upgrading it and all this stuff without understanding 2 strokes. Well he couldn't get it to run and eventually sold it back to me for what I sold it to him for. I had it figured out in 10 min.... Dude put on a 34mm mikuni carb on it and put this sweet jet kit on it. Stock blaster, not porting with fmf pipe. No reason for the 34mm carb.

At this point the blaster has these upgrades:

- 400ex read shock with KOR buchings
- Knock off AWK GSXR caliper lol
- Full front Hydros
- DIY port job
- Uni Filter
- LED Lights
- Front Wheel Spacers

Good start I reckon!

After about 3 days with my shopping cart full, with taking parts in and out of it. I finally pulled the trigger. I now have these on the way:

- ASR Long Travel +3 +1 A-Arms Black w/ Ball Joints
- +4 Extended Swingarm Normal Carrier by: Swingarm Shop
- Front Wheel Bearings
- Tors Eliminator Kit
- V Force 4 reed cage
- Banshee Axle from FastHand

I was on the fence about going with a roundhouse carrier. But after seeing the price increase I decided to just go with the stock carrier.

Parts upcoming to the ebay/rockymountain shopping cart would be

- Wheels and Tires
- Warrior/Banshee/Yfz Hubs
- Carrier Bearings
- Decent stock cylinder with low bores---------Found in Fasthands garage!!
- Right Bend Pipe
- Nerf Bars
- Heel Guards
- KOR Head Mod
- KOR Port Job

If you have any of these Items LET ME KNOW. Paypal is ready to go! Will start updating with pics of the process here very soon!.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zbskater400
I have a stock cylinder bored 66.50, or .20 over I believe. Ken did it awhile back. Has a small break in one of the fins, and will need a bore. Other than its a great cylinder I'm willing to get rid of it for cheap. I ran this on my bike, and the fin is just cosmetic.

I have a stock cylinder bored 66.50, or .20 over I believe. Ken did it awhile back. Has a small break in one of the fins, and will need a bore. Other than its a great cylinder I'm willing to get rid of it for cheap. I ran this on my bike, and the fin is just cosmetic.

So what you are saying is since the damage is sooooo bad, I will just pay shipping!?! Fasthand, you are awesome! lol

Well went out for a weekend with the GF and when I finally got service I saw that some parts had already made it to my doorstep on Saturday :). Only problem was I was going to be gone until Sunday night :confused::confused::mad::mad:. Had a buddy swing by and grab everything so here is what showed up already!

Everything that was on my doorstep

VForce 4 Reed Cage

Front Wheel Bearings

Also have a banshee axle but it was too heavy to bring in with all of this HAHA. Thats all of the blaster stuff. But there was one big box I didnt know was shipping so fast... It contained my new computer I am building!!!

CPU Water Cooler

Power Supply

16GB Ram

CPU

Motherboard

Should have everything else I ordered by the middle of this week!

Reactions: Blaster528
Any opinions on these shocks for my Long travels?

EBAY LINK

Sent the seller a message asking what brand and he said Works, so doesnt seem too bad since stock 450r shocks are selling roughly 40-60 less than these.

Give Jogaca a call. That guy really knows his stuff and I talked to him about options and it sounded like he might be able to get some stock 700 Raptors to work with the ASRs. He said he will buy some and build them to your weight and with triple rate springs for ONLY $675. I'll probably do that if I ever pull the trigger on the arms

You have to be careful with stock trx450r shocks. They may not work because the ressie sits on the side pointing toward the rear of the quad. May not clear your arms but those works you showed are remote ressie so not an issue with those

Yea Jogaca is a good guy always telling you what's best and giving great deals. But if I were u get any shocks u want but make sure u get them rebuilt to fit ur weight and ur riding style. IMO Jogaca is the best guy to send your shocks to rebuilds them to your specs and powder coats everything to the colors you want to match ur color scheme.