First full Rebuild

OK well this past weekend I did some test fits with the arms and swing arm. Made sure anything that needed fabbed up is before I go and powder coat the frame. Was supposed to go ride at a place called powerline park for an ATV only day this past Saturday. But I tweaked my back golfing friday and could barely move, get out of bed anything. So since I didnt ride, I tore it down to the frame.

Left the motor for my brother to tear out since I couldn't lift anything. Went and picked up a 400ex shock today from a local guy. Got them and my works in a box that are headed out to Jacaga in the morning. Cylinder and head were shipped to Ken yesterday for P&P, head mod and bore. Today I bought extended speedlines brake lines for the front and back, brake line clamps, 400ex bushings, and case saver.

The thing that sucks is: I live in Akron, OH and do not have anywhere to work on it here since I have no garage. So i keep the bike at my brothers who lives close to 2 hours away. Only time I have to work on it is on the weekends if I go down. Thats the main reason for slow progress.

Side note I fell in love with this color combo for shocks:

945263_1728586044053023_5313659366315830041_n.jpg

I want to do my frame that green but I just dont know how it will look with White plastics. I think I will have to plastidip them Black to pull it off.

diggin the shock colors !

tweaked your back golfing ?
only thing I can imagine has to do with jumping or getting the golf cart stuck, LOL

did you get the measurements for the new arms? I know when I called Jogaca he wanted know your measurements with the shocks off and the frame 12" and then again at 1.5" off the ground. I couldn't do that because I haven't bought the arms yet.

did you get the measurements for the new arms? I know when I called Jogaca he wanted know your measurements with the shocks off and the frame 12" and then again at 1.5" off the ground. I couldn't do that because I haven't bought the arms yet.

When I called him about rebuilding them he asked me to do all of that stuff. But since I cant do it due to my blaster being so far away from me he said it shouldnt be a problem. The shocks I bought are the exact length that ASR says they built them for.

Yeah, he told me that knowing the 16.25" eye to eye was only one of the measurements he needed but he also wanted to know how much stroke the shocks needed so that he could optimize travel without digging your fame in the ground

Going to see if my brother can get that info for him.

Parts ordered today:

Kens Case Saver
400ex Bushings
Extended Brake Lines
Brake line Clamps from Alba.

Considering ordering a CFM Airbox as i am running stock now, any yays or nays?

Going to see if my brother can get that info for him.

Parts ordered today:

Kens Case Saver
400ex Bushings
Extended Brake Lines
Brake line Clamps from Alba.

Considering ordering a CFM Airbox as i am running stock now, any yays or nays?

I like my CFM box. It is a pain in the azz to install, but after that it's really easy to get the filter in and out, and breathes alot better.

Reactions: Blaster crazy
See you guys are bad influences!!! So lucky my gf doesn't know how much this build has cost lol. Took her to Garth Brooks concert tonight, should get me a month or so of no questions about random packages lol

See you guys are bad influences!!! So lucky my gf doesn't know how much this build has cost lol. Took her to Garth Brooks concert tonight, should get me a month or so of no questions about random packages lol
Doesn't matter how nice I am, my lady always asks!

I like my cfm box. I didn't have as much trouble at mounting it because someone mentioned a good idea on the forum that on the right side you can just put a huge washer on it so it wedges against the frame. I'll have to take a pic for you if you decide to get it.

Doesn't matter how nice I am, my lady always asks!

I like my cfm box. I didn't have as much trouble at mounting it because someone mentioned a good idea on the forum that on the right side you can just put a huge washer on it so it wedges against the frame. I'll have to take a pic for you if you decide to get it.

I did that too. I think that was part of the problem, finding the washer!!

the only thing I don't like about the cfm air box for the blaster is the intake tube to the carb is the same diameter throughout and is shaped like a tetris block..it should be bell shaped for maximum performance

the only thing I don't like about the cfm air box for the blaster is the intake tube to the carb is the same diameter throughout and is shaped like a tetris block..it should be bell shaped for maximum performance
Yeah I've considered cutting off the intake tube and making my own to at least reduce all the hard corners in it. Like make it straight and then something like a 30 degree corner into the box so that it enters at a bit of an angle and reduces the amount of corners. I think there use to be other companies that did a similar concept as to what I'm talking about with the intake tube.

Gee, you're saying same basic shape as stock. To bad somebody couldn't do a flow bench test between the two.

Gee, you're saying same basic shape as stock. To bad somebody couldn't do a flow bench test between the two.
I might be able to do a ride comparison. I have a spare blaster so I could potentially use the stock airbox on my cfm set up and see if it runs richer or leaner and that would tell us if it really flows better.

I dont think he means a ride comparison. This is how I would assume a bench test could go...

Items needed: Both airboxes, sizeable fan, small fan that fits the outlet on the boxes that measures air speed.

Set the small fan next to the outlet and set the large fan above the airbox blowing into the airbox. turn it on high and get the measurements of air speed from the small fan. repeat on other airbox to see if there is any difference.

If the open airbox and cfm airbox flow the same or close to the same amount of air from the large fan, then there is no real need to upgrade to the cfm except for looks.

I dont think he means a ride comparison. This is how I would assume a bench test could go...

Items needed: Both airboxes, sizeable fan, small fan that fits the outlet on the boxes that measures air speed.

Set the small fan next to the outlet and set the large fan above the airbox blowing into the airbox. turn it on high and get the measurements of air speed from the small fan. repeat on other airbox to see if there is any difference.

If the open airbox and cfm airbox flow the same or close to the same amount of air from the large fan, then there is no real need to upgrade to the cfm except for looks.
I don't think a fan blowing in the direction of the airboxes would be nearly as accurate as putting some kind of fan at the end of the connecting tubes to simulate the air being pulled into the airbox as it does when attached to the quad. The comparison would be which fan struggles more than the other to pull the air into the box. For this method, the fan would have to be sealed to the end of the connecting tubes or inside tubes so that it could not pull air from anywhere but the airbox. You could use a small pitot tube to measure pressure differences.

We did a similar thing in one of my classes this semester but unfortunately I don't have a way to rig up a fan so I could not preform the test. If someone had a fan roughly the size of the carburetor inlet then I could probably do it.

I don't think a fan blowing in the direction of the airboxes would be nearly as accurate as putting some kind of fan at the end of the connecting tubes to simulate the air being pulled into the airbox as it does when attached to the quad. The comparison would be which fan struggles more than the other to pull the air into the box. For this method, the fan would have to be sealed to the end of the connecting tubes or inside tubes so that it could not pull air from anywhere but the airbox. You could use a small pitot tube to measure pressure differences.

We did a similar thing in one of my classes this semester but unfortunately I don't have a way to rig up a fan so I could not preform the test. If someone had a fan roughly the size of the carburetor inlet then I could probably do it.

While yes this would be the correct way to do it, getting a fan the size of the inlet to pull enough air to notice a measurable difference in the fans rpm would be hard. The whole point would be to measure the flow of air through a tube, and the easiest way to measure this is to push air through the tube into an anemometer to get a precise wind calculation.