The start of my ground up build..

i liked the duel line brakes. i feel like it was a little softer pull, but it stopped faster than my 1-2 system now

soft pull, but not as far is what i mean

I am thinking it will help in braking but im not sure. I liked the look mostly and having one less spot it could leak seemed better as well.

Bad news today. I was setting my cylinder on and had everything snug. Set the torque wrench up with the adaptor did my math (correctly) and started torqing the bolts down slowly. Next thing you know snap!! Dam case bolt stud broke. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:!!! now what? The front one by exhaust on the right side. Anyone have any success removing these???

That's the plan, I hope it works. Ill will update when I have some time to attempt. I have had some success with easy outs but not all. I hope I can add this one the successful ones.

your pretty limited on what to do.
without damaging the cases,
better block off crank area if your going to be throwing metal shavings around:)

Gosh dangit. 2 easy outs snapped when trying to remove this stud :mad:.. After the first with applying a good amount of heat I drilled that one out somehow, and then tried it again with even more heat, SNAP AGAIN!! :mad::mad:.. So I got motor out and am swapping everything over to a different set of cases.. Should I swap everything over to a matching set of cases or just swap the right side? Matching cases are better or is that wifes tale? I have 2 sets of cases and one has seen a bearing go in the bottom end or something since you can see something rubbed against it. Nothing bad but its there. Good candidate for case trenching for a +4?? The bearings in the cases seem good, they have no play so should I run with them or replace? Im already spending more than I ever wanted to but I don't want a bottom end failure because I wanted to save a few bucks.. The ones in my current cases are almost new, can I swap them over???

Thanks..

Picked up a steering stem for 40 i forgot i made an offer on.

Attachments

• IMG_20150131_164028.jpg
    IMG_20150131_164028.jpg
    245.2 KB · Views: 291
Not much to update other than still contemplating either a complete motor switch to a Dt200 or go along with the 240? Also im just waiting on a few seals for the bottom end along with some bearings and I will be getting that together.

When i ordered cases threw yanaha they told me case halves are made seperatly n theres no " matches" n so did my shop at the time. Thats a question i ponder too, do they need lapped? Or matched? What stud extractors were u using? I had much success with name brand kit but harbor frieght kit F'd me in butt many times snapping iff than its hardened metal n i hace little success drilling out. Loving the build btw. Wish i had ppl near me doung buikds so i can bring beer n enjoy the show

Something unique about the Blaster in that you can buy just left or right crankcases. Unaware of any other engine you can do that with. If you have bearings that you replaced I would transfer them to the cases you will use.
I would also do the counter balancer brgs. Tho not as much force as crank brgs, it does spin at same speed. Seeing that you are doing a high output engine I would get a new balancer gear. At the very least I would inspect it very close and maybe give the rivits a little extra peening.

Don't know if brg or gear failed first and took out the other then took out the case, but it wasn't pretty.

Havnt had time really to do much of anything but this purdy thing showed uo today. Also the custom harness the other day.
IMG_20150225_150859.jpg
IMG_20150223_154657.jpg

Reactions: MURPH
I recently lapped the cases and am currently waiting on some parts to come in (PC-03 and circlips) and then I will put the motor back together. I keep going over things but I cant help but feel like im forgetting something. ??