The start of my ground up build..

ill tell you what though, the 250r spindles have a little bit different ball joint location than Yamaha so the caster and camber and toe adjustments take a bit to get right.

How are these things set up? Is it blaster A arms so you could use Blaster spindles or made for only Honda spindles ? Plus does the brake line bolt right to the Yamaha Master cylinder? .. Im going to need to find new front rims now..

im running asr arms and had them send me, at least they were supposed to, Honda pins. im going to switch to ball joints when I get a chance. the brake lines should bolt to the master without a problem. banjo joints are banjo joints. just some have slightly different angles. you will need Honda rims now for sure since the bolt pattern is different.

I have the upper arm joints spun out pretty far so the wheel doesn't tip in to far. you can see it in this pic as well as the small heim joints at the frame.
phone downloads 547.jpg

im also going to order longer the asr +4 tie rods since these that came with the arms are actually shorter than I like.

The pic I have I cant seem to download or copy but the bottom where the shock mounts to is far to one side and not centered.

closest to a top view that I have right now. I can get a better one maybe tomorrow.
phone downloads 409.jpg

I thought that's what they were but there different..

The A arms I mean.
you don't know what arms you have? I don't think the brand will matter. the blaster upper arms are shorter in over all length than Honda arms and that's why I had to adjust all the joints like I did so the top of the Honda spindle didn't tip in to bad.

Unfortunately not yet.. Ill do some research when they get here and see if I can find out.

I hope I explained myself well enough. lol some people look at me with a "what did you say" look when I explain stuff.

I was an alignment tech for years so I hope I can get a blaster running strait. :D Only thing with these is the long suspension travel..

you'll figure it out with no problem than...lol I would measure how far out I have the joints but I don't think it will offer much help. and for toe in and out, I used a carpenters square to the frame and wheel to get the toe correct. I tried everything I could till I thought about that and now I can set toe in and out in less than a few minutes each side.

I was thinking a carpenters square also since its tbe bigest square i have. I was lookin around and think there Snyder ling travel a arms? not certain though.

Once you begin to set the front end up, you'll get it. The 250r stuff I'd nice. I took my standard travel and turned it into long travel. It moves so smooth.

Things just showed up.

Attachments

• IMG_20141210_205048.jpg
    IMG_20141210_205048.jpg
    327.5 KB · Views: 260
  • IMG_20141210_205626.jpg
    IMG_20141210_205626.jpg
    366.3 KB · Views: 253
  • IMG_20141210_205408.jpg
    IMG_20141210_205408.jpg
    317.9 KB · Views: 242
Reactions: dirtysquared