The start of my ground up build..

jus_me

Aug 8, 2012
N.Y
Starting a thread on my build. I need some opinions on my nerf bars on how I should mount them (raptor 700 nerf/pro peg heal guard thingys). I modified my pegs and dropped them down about 3/4" and back 1",, what im looking for input on is how I should go about mounting the front of the nerfs. should I weld a tab and round bar to the frame or should I weld a bar on top of the frame? pics should help show what I am talking about. Any opinions and ideas would be much appreciated. Im thinking if I go on top of the frame my pipe will be in the way (f7,power pros etc.)

Attachments

• IMG_20141118_212510.jpg
    IMG_20141118_212510.jpg
    450.2 KB · Views: 655
  • IMG_20141118_212837.jpg
    IMG_20141118_212837.jpg
    385.7 KB · Views: 641
  • IMG_20141118_212425.jpg
    IMG_20141118_212425.jpg
    390.4 KB · Views: 605
  • IMG_20141118_212408.jpg
    IMG_20141118_212408.jpg
    378.5 KB · Views: 603
First pic makes nerfs look crooked but thats because one side is sitting on top of frame tube and the other is level with it.

Little off topic, but how do you like the pro design shifter? I wouldn't go on top. I have a LRD pipe and my nerfs(dg fat series) leave little room for anything.

Put a gusset between the lower frame rails behind the a arm mount than add a couple brackets to the gusset to mount the peg mount. That's my suggestion.

I havnt yet tried the shifter yet while riding but looks wise I like it, I got it a while back while gathering parts for the build. It says Jansen Racing on it but I believe it is a pro design shifter.??
@bansheedave ,, Im planning on gussets,, I just havn't got them cut yet. What did you end up doing with your nerfs on the front?

I havnt yet tried the shifter yet while riding but looks wise I like it, I got it a while back while gathering parts for the build. It says Jansen Racing on it but I believe it is a pro design shifter.??
@bansheedave ,, Im planning on gussets,, I just havn't got them cut yet. What did you end up doing with your nerfs on the front?
I took a piece of 1 inch tubing, drilled 2 holes in it and welded 2 small tubes in place. In the gusset I welded between my rails, I drilled 2 matching holes and bolted the pipe down. The nerf bar slides onto the 1 inch tube. I still need to drill bolt holes to mount the nerfs so they don't slide off. Just a few unfinished details.

my nerfs have one shared 1" tubing (or whatever size fits in them) that is welded across the frame

but be careful in doing that. you need to be sure its perfectly straight or they will come off hard

I going to have to wait until I get the motor in with the cyl for mockup to see where my pipe is actually going to be. I would like them to be on top of the frame, but if I cant than ill weld some tabs and the tubing to the side of the frame. I have been waiting soooooo long to get this build going its crazy.. I will be up loading some more pics as soon as I get things in order.

Got most of the motor done Im waiting on my epoxy to set so I can get the top end all squared away and finished porting to put the top end on.

Attachments

• motor2.jpg
    motor2.jpg
    355.9 KB · Views: 591
  • motor1.jpg
    motor1.jpg
    408 KB · Views: 581
Looks great Mike! Did you polish the clutch covet yourself? If you did, very nice work :)

Yes and Thanks, I got a new polisher and I have been polishing everything I can get my hands on lol. You know how it is when you first get a new tool.

Got the gussets welded on along with the tabs for the Raptor Nerf heal guard thingys. Primed the frame and im having trouble deciding on a color.. Any way ill have some pics posted up soon.. Pizza man just got here..:D

Me feet like like the flintstones. :confused: Lol.. Front and rear hydros. I welded the rear brake tabs from my old frame on to this pre 03 frame along with front fender and hood brackets.

Attachments

• IMG_20141205_164216.jpg
    IMG_20141205_164216.jpg
    356.4 KB · Views: 575
Just picked up some Works triple rate black widows I think there called, and some long travel A arms to go with them and 250r spindles and calipers and lines. I really didn't expect to get that into this build but I couldn't pass up a good deal. So in near future my whole front hydro set up will be for sale. Ill have pics up as soon as I get them..