The start of my ground up build..

Yeah me too. It wasn't my original choice but I come across a good deal on dual lines for cheaper than the single into 2 so I jumped on it. Im glad I did.

I thought I had pics of the Blasty all together, (well 80% together) but I guess I didn't take any. It is almost all apart again so I could change a few little things so everything is off but the a arms. Once my seal grease shows up I can put things back together and start making progress.

Im still on the hunt for a clutch basket, 450 hood, wider axle (have spacers for now), grips, and 4/144 4+1 offset front rims. Also some of that outerwears material so I can make a cover for the cfm box and some sticky velcro. I need to see if i can borrow the sewing machine form Moma Dukes though.

Ebay has the outerware material. I will order some and do the same thing. Just need to measure the box to order enough material.

The smallest I could find is 12x12 I think that would be plenty. Plus whatever you/I measure we are going to have to consider folding it over about a 1/2"-1" around each edge. without measuring I think a 12x12 should be enough ($20).

When I bought my cfm it was used and it didn't come with the aluminum plate thing in the middle. So I have no protection over my filter at all. I don't really ride in water but id lake to have it if I ever run into that situation

Reactions: bansheedave
Not sure if im feeling the Blue T2 bars with the red plastics and all but I got a killer deal on them and I wanted fat bars so there on there.. The front master is a later model yfz and the thumb throttle is a billet Terry cable. There real easy on the thumb and can fully open a large carb if I ever need down the road.

Well every time I look at the blasty with the red plastics on im just not feeling it to be honest. I don't know if it is the red plastics or the dark gray almost black metallic frame. I have to change one or the other or I just wont be happy. Paint the frame white, silver, or another color,,,? I am open to suggestions... Or change my red plastics for a different color.? It would kinda suck to go to another color plastics but im just not feeling the combo right now.

Last edited:
i would do a different plastic color. red is not a normal color for full plastics and you probably arnt used to them and that the reason

That's the thing. I am not to kean on getting another full set of Maier plastics $$$. Maybe I will just plasti dip the ones I have and if I no likey I can simply peal it off and possibly sell them to someone who likes Red.?. Im just not a big fan of red I guess. That or get some carbon fiber wrap and wrap them ??

painting frame would be easiest if you were trying to like the red, than id plastidip the plastics, or try to vinyl wrap them. is that terry cable the dual gasser where you can use twist throttle or thumb back and forth? I was thinking bout using one for my current build

I think when I add some decals and stickers or whatever it will take from the red a bit and all will be ok. As far as the Terry cable,, it is just there thumb throttle and is used to open larger bore carbs if ever needed. They do make good cables also which I believe could be used on either thumb or twist throttle. Actually I think motion pros twist throttle cable is the same as the TORS elimination cable.

My personal preference is Terry Cable cables though.

I am still waiting on parts from Rocky mountain Atv that I ordered last week. A couple of things showed up on Tuesday but the important things that I need still haven't showed up.

Opened my mail box. :) It's pretty sad when some ss bolts, new seals and pc-03 grease show up that makes you smile. The only thing I need other than a few little things is some 4/144 4+1 offset front rims and im good to go. I am looking for used ones but I might have to get new.

It don't matter. I mounted a fan to the wall, duct taped my phone to the handle bars and watched atv videos making vroom vroom noises. Its all good. See >> :D..

Reactions: Awk08
It don't matter. I mounted a fan to the wall, duct taped my phone to the handle bars and watched atv videos making vroom vroom noises. Its all good. See >> :D..

Glad to hear I'm not the only one who does that!! Cant wait to see her finished!

Reactions: jus_me
Well I just got my cases all together and torqued up. Next is to figure that cyl and all to put on her. Everything went smoothly other than grabbing the solid piece of steal that I used to heat the inner race of the crank bearing OUCH!! Other than that things went well. I hope to get a top end on by this weekend and if im lucky I will have it in the frame. :).. My ported cylinder, re chambered head and wiseco piston showed up today from KOR so I am very tempted to put that one on but that set up is for another bike. '

I will post pics of the KOR work tmrw in another thread. Let me just say when it comes to machining and such I am a picky F%&$ for lack of another term. That being said. I am very very pleased with how things came out. I really cant wait to bolt it on and take it for a rip. ( that's in another thread. )

Got the motor all together along with the Billet basket and all installed .. Performed a leak test and the odd Cometic base gasket I got is leaking. It isn't a bad leak whatsoever I lost only 1.5lb in just over a minute but it shouldn't leak at all. I say odd Cometic gasket because all other of there base gaskets are what seem to be aluminum coated in Teflon or something. This is a paperish type gasket but not quite paper ?? Im not sure how to describe it. Anyhow the good news is all my seals checked out along with the cases being sealed perfectly. So I will be taking cyl back off and getting another base gasket.